Junior Product Manager - Campus Switching R&D Product Manager - Network SwitchingRoseville, California
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
|Primary Location:||Roseville, California|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
Designs, plans, develops and manages a product or portfolio of products throughout the solution portfolio lifecycle: from new product definition or enhancements to existing products; planning, Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us . We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Product Manager/ Product Manager to join our team. This role will be responsible for driving the product roadmap and direction for a portion of the switching portfolio, within HPE Aruba, the Networking division of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Role: Designs, plans, develops and manages a product or portfolio of products throughout the solution portfolio lifecycle:from new product definition or enhancements to existing products; planning, design, forecasting, and production; to end of life.
• Leads and drives the end to end strategy and operational product roadmap for one or more products.
• Defines the value proposition, target customer segments, and business case to bring one or more innovative and disruptive products to market with respect to the whole company product portfolio (i.e. Product configuration mix, Revenue/Margins, financials, market share).
• Synthesizes market requirements (MRD) into marketing/customer details through having intimate customer knowledge and business, financial and industry market acumen.
• Advises key stakeholders on the portfolio strategy across all phases of the lifecycle (e.g., planning, development, launch, management, exit).
• Creates and drives goal alignment and collaborates across one or more products' value chain partners to optimize margins and enable success of products per plans across the product lifecycle. (ie. Engineering: product development, Supply Chain:SKUs, inventory and Marketing:marketing and pricing strategies and Go To Market Plan).
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or related field of study. MBA preferred.
• 5+ years of work experience. 2+ years in product management preferred.
• Technical understanding and knowledge of the relevant industry.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Expert team skills and ability to cross functionally drive/influence work through others, ability to mentor and lead teams to achieve results for complex, ambiguous projects.
• Expert skills in cost efficient solution building, financial performance metric creation and analysis.
• Expert business acumen and knowledge of root cause analysis and problem detection.
• Good Business Acumen and Judgement: Comfort with ambiguity and flexibility in the face of change. Drive the right decisions for your product and broader portfolio.
• Deep Customer Intimacy:Significant direct engagements with customers and partners. Experience supporting pre-sales as a product manager and/or TME.
• Technical understanding and knowledge of the relevant industry and ability to provide product specific technical training to the team.
Sign up for email alerts announcing job opportunities based on your preferences.
Search for and select one or more categories or a location (or both) and then click "Subscribe".
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we're lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what's never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.