Applications Software Engineer InternRoseville, California
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
|Primary Location:||Roseville, California|
|Job Category:||Graduate Program and Internships|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
About the Company
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, is a leader in providing enterprise-scale WLAN/edge networking products. Our customers include major universities, giant tech companies, and international retail stores, with deployments numbering thousands of access points and tens of thousands of wireless devices.
Aruba is redefining the IT edge with mobility and IOT solutions for organizations of all sizes globally. The company delivers IT solutions that empower organizations to serve GenMobile – mobile-savvy users who rely on cloud-based business apps for every aspect of their work and personal lives – and to harness the power of insights to transform business processes.
Aruba @ HPE is currently hiring a Software Engineer Intern for the Roseville, CA location. This will be with the Aruba organization within HPE. Aruba is redefining the “IT EDGE”. Creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility and the Internet of Things (IoT) to transform business models with the combined power of compute, context, control and secure connectivity.
This part of our Aruba group has developed a next generation networking operating system based for current / future Aruba product lines. Aruba recently launched campus core/aggregation switches built on top of this OS. This team in particular is responsible for delivering innovative application software solutions that improve our customer’s ability to be aware of the devices on their network, make changes as needed with confidence and ensure the ongoing stability and operation of the network.
We are looking for an energetic, compassionate, sharp individuals for an internship position who can adapt to the fast-paced environment, be an excellent self-learner and focused individual who is up for a jumpstart in a challenging but rewarding career.
- Design, code, and test networking applications for next-gen campus Network Operating System (NOS)
- Comfortable working in a fast moving agile product development environment
- Collaborates and communicates with tech leads, architects, management, internal, and other development partners to deliver solid code
- Develop unit tests, automated feature and component tests, and tests integration into product continuous integration environment
- Must currently be enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related
- Must be graduating AFTER August 2019
- Courses taking/taken: Computer Networking, Software Design, Computer Algorithms, Data Structures, Operating Systems or related
- Very knowledgeable in any of the following: Java, ReactJS, Java Script, Python
- Strong programming skills, a coding test will be part of the interview process
- Knowledgeable in networking fundamentals
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- An amazing life inside the element!
- Want to know more about it? Then let’s stay connected!
Sign up for email alerts announcing job opportunities based on your preferences.
Search for and select one or more categories or a location (or both) and then click "Subscribe".
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we're lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what's never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.