Networking Software Test EngineerRoseville, California
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
|Primary Location:||Roseville, California|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
Designs, develops and executes network software test plans for software enhancements and new products. Works closely with software development engineers and other software quality assurance engineers to ensure development of high-quality network software in a fast agile time-to-market manner. Influences hardware/software design and improvements
- Designs and implements network software test plans including software applications, security applications and 3rd party products.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 2-4+ years experience.
- Test reporting, documentation, written requirements and written test plans experience
- Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Networking Certifications (CCNA, etc) and/or network engineering experience.
- Software systems testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Expertise in Python , Java, C programming languages and Linux OS.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English.
- Software systems testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical details, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
- Scrum experience is a nice to have
Sign up for email alerts announcing job opportunities based on your preferences.
Search for and select one or more categories or a location (or both) and then click "Subscribe".
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we're lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what's never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.