Test Automation Engineer - Network R&D DevOps (Graduate)Roseville, California
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
|Primary Location:||Roseville, California|
|Job Category:||Graduate Program and Internships|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
About the Company
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, is a leader in providing enterprise-scale WLAN/edge networking products. Our customers include major universities, giant tech companies, and international retail stores, with deployments numbering thousands of access points and tens of thousands of wireless devices.
Aruba is redefining the IT edge with mobility and IOT solutions for organizations of all sizes globally. The company delivers IT solutions that empower organizations to serve GenMobile – mobile-savvy users who rely on cloud-based business apps for every aspect of their work and personal lives – and to harness the power of insights to transform business processes.
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Designs limited enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compilers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
- Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
The Aruba Test/Automation teams are seeking highly creative, passionate, automation engineers to join a fast-paced, dynamic, environment.
- Must have graduated with a BS or MSin CS, CE or Computer Networking within 1 year, preferably with1-2 years’ experience or MS in Electrical /Computer networking as an intern
- Excellent aptitude for programming/SW Development in high-level programming language such as C or C++ along with in depth knowledge on data structures and database
- Solid understanding of Networking fundamentals a plus
- Networking certifications (CWNA, CCNA or CCNP or CCIE) is a plus.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong fundamentals in scripting languages such as, Python, Perl, Tcl/Expect, PHP/MYSQL
- Experience with automation framework design and maintenance
- Familiarly and working knowledge of networking protocols. 802.11, VoIP is preferred.
- Hands on usage and exposure over Radius, AAA
- Understands how to operate Wire-Shark, Omni-Peek
- Team player – highly motivated to drive things technically
- Good analytical and technical skills
- Exposure to 802.1x a plus
- Exposure to IPv6 a plus
- Exposure to UI tools like Selenium. HTML, Java, jsp, AngularJS, Jquery, would be a plus
- QA & test automation in a test-driven, production environment
- Driving production-level test infrastructure development, automation
- Developing tooling, services for reporting & monitoring of a production platform
- Creating tools, processes for automation & verification of app deployment
- Troubleshooting & fixing service issues
- Thinking creatively about how to proactively address customer concerns & preventing issues from spiraling
- Self-motivated, Self-starter, Self-organized
- Disciplined approach to test software development
- Good documentation skills
- Works effectively with cross functional and remote team members
- Recognizes importance of internal and external deadlines
- Works effectively under pressure
- Strong logical and creative problem-solving skills, good oral and written communication skills and excellent analytical skills
- Must be able to succeed with minimal resources and minimal supervision
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sign up for email alerts announcing job opportunities based on your preferences.
Search for and select one or more categories or a location (or both) and then click "Subscribe".
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we're lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what's never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.