Network Security/SASE Engineer (Software)Santa Clara, California
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
|Primary Location:||Santa Clara, California|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
It’s official – Silver Peak, a SD-WAN leader, has joined forces with Aruba!
This acquisition is a significant step forward in Aruba’s WAN transformation journey and demonstrates HPE’s continued commitment to double down on the Edge. The addition of Silver Peak into the Aruba portfolio will strengthen Aruba ESP (Edge Services Platform), helping to architect the hybrid workplace with a comprehensive edge-to-cloud networking solution covering all aspects of wired, wireless LAN and wide area networking (WAN).
The network security engineer will be responsible for development of appliance security features. The engineer will implement and maintain Firewall, SSL/IP Sec VPN features and functions. She/he will be also responsible for enhancements to required to obtain industry certification such as FIPS/CC.
Collaborate with external security consultants to test and validate kernel and crypto components, achieve and then retain FIPS and CC certification
Extend and enhance Linux cryptographic components, specifically with modules such as OpenSSL/OpenSSH with the features and functionality required for FIPS and CC certification
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have development experience using OpenSSL or equivalent library
- Strong development experience required in applications using security protocols such as IKE, IPsec, TLS, SSH
- In-depth knowledge required in Public key algorithms, Hash algorithms, Cipher algorithms, Public Key Infrastructure
- Experience in hardware based crypto acceleration using AES-NI, SafeNet, HiFn or equivalent is
-Knowledge of routing and switching protocols
-Experience of working with open source libraries in general like OpenSSH, libgcrypt.
-Experience with patching and associated tooling: identifying, isolating, applying and testing patches, and resolving any resulting issues
-General Linux development skills (C proficiency, git experience, debugging with gdb
- Must have minimum of 5 years of experience performing similar product testing and certification.
- Knowledge of common programming languages such as C\C++, Java, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft, Linux, and Unix Operating Systems
- Excellent writing skills - must be able to prepare written reports
- Familiarity with industry certifications such as FIPS and CC highly desirable.
- Excellent English communication skills, along with the ability to articulate requirements in technical and non-technical terms to customers, peers, and management
- Experience working in a regulated, accredited facility or environment
- Proven ability to work independently
- BS/MS in EE/CS essential.
Join us and make your mark!
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Sign up for email alerts announcing job opportunities based on your preferences.
Search for and select one or more categories or a location (or both) and then click "Subscribe".
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we're lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what's never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.