Senior Cloud Application EngineerSanta Clara, California
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
|Primary Location:||Santa Clara, California|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, Our mission is to deliver innovative solutions that harness data at the Edge — driving new business outcomes and dynamic customer experiences.
The company designs and delivers Software Define Branch solution that empower IT departments and a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that IT can rely upon, Aruba SD-Branch solutions automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
Our Minimum Requirements for this Role Are
· Minimum Expected industry experience is around 5 years.
· Minimum education at BS or MS level in Computer Science or related fields.
· Multi-year experience in implementing cloud applications.
· Proven record of developing and releasing cloud applications in production environment.
· Work with Product Marketing to understand requirements and translate those into design and implementation.
· Solid grasp of computer science/software engineering concepts, including:
· o Common data structures
· o Standard algorithms
· o Object-oriented design
· o Distributed computing
· o Cloud computing paradigms
· • Knowledge of RDBMS (Postgres) and NoSQL (Cassendra, ElasticSearch, Kairos DB, etc.) Persistence stack needed.
· Knowledge of Cloud Platform - CoreOS, Kubernetes and Docker containers.
· Experience in designing cloud applications using distributed cache and experience of using Redis, Hazelcast and similar products.
· Experience with messaging systems like RabbitMQ and distributed streaming platforms like Kafka.
· Ability to deploy various techniques to ‘scale’ an application in a cloud environment.
· Demonstrated abilities to work with QA and Remote Teams.
· Experience in working with Agile Methodology.
· Multi-year experience with Python, Golang, and Java
· Experience in any of the following will be considered a plus
· Good understanding of Networking Technologies, various networking protocols, L2, L3 and SDN concepts.
· Ability to contribute to multiple ‘technical programs’ simultaneously.
· Helping build a team, mentor junior engineers and collaborate with other teams for developing new technologies.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an innovative, dynamic company with a rich past and a promising future. Originally Hewlett-Packard Company, HPE has continuously reinvented itself. Today, HPE is one of the world's leading technology companies and provides wired and wireless networking, servers, storage, IT and Cloud services for the next generation of IT infrastructure.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at Working at Aruba Careers (arubanetworks.com)
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Sign up for email alerts announcing job opportunities based on your preferences.
Search for and select one or more categories or a location (or both) and then click "Subscribe".
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we're lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what's never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.