Director, Product Marketing for WI-Fi BusinessSanta Clara, California
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
|Primary Location:||Santa Clara, California|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
Director of Product & Solutions Marketing, Aruba Networks
The Director of Product Marketing will excel in a dynamic, fast paced environment leading the team responsible for Wi-Fi product marketing. This leader will focus on all elements of product marketing, working closely with product management, the BU VP and GM, field marketing, corporate marketing, and sales leadership. The successful candidate will have experience developing GTM strategies, product & solutions positioning/messaging, sales enablement, and integrated marketing plans.
Reporting Line: VP of Product & Solutions Marketing(based in Santa Clara)
- Establish the go-to-market vision and strategy the Wi-Fi business for the product portfolio and communicate that vision and strategy across the organization
- Develop deep understanding of the target audience by gathering insight about target personas, buyer needs and the purchasing decision process.
- Drive an audience-centric marketing approach within the organization, ensuring that messaging, content and campaign strategies are centered around customer buying needs
- Oversee and provide direction for the creation and socialization of marketing plans, sales enablement plans, launch plans
- Oversee and provide input into the process for creating product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonates with the target buyers
- Ensure that product marketing managers are providing source messaging documents for use by downstream marketing functions such as campaign, demand and content teams
- Partner with product and sales leaders to plan routes to market and ensure that product marketing managers collaborate with sales enablement to produce effective sales enablement plans for the product portfolio
- Oversee the product portfolio launch strategy and launch planning, and collaborate with product management and portfolio marketing leaders; ensure launches are integrated with campaigns
- Serve as market-facing subject matter expert (SME) for the product portfolio and interface with industry analysts as the company representative
- Oversee and provide input into the process for developing customer references, testimonials and case studies for external and internal use
- Establish strategies to drive retention, upsell and cross-sell for the product portfolio
- Monitor and report on the performance of the product portfolio, results of related sales and marketing and efforts
- Provide leadership, direction and mentoring to guide the product marketing staff in its day-to-day activities
- Conduct routine assessments of the organization’s go-to-market processes and address gaps in performance
- Manage the hiring, development and retention of product marketing talent
- Management experience including the ability to build and grow a team
- Ability to conduct market, competitor and customer research to gather insights and assess market opportunities
- Ability to create value propositions and messaging strategies
- Ability to develop strategies for creating pipeline for new offerings as well as upsell, cross-sell and account-based marketing programs to grow existing relationships
- Ability to link product launches to organizational campaign themes and goals
- Ability to navigate culture and politics across multiple functions
- Critical thinker with strong writing, communication presentation development and delivery skills
- Strong business acumen
- Goal oriented
- Strong decision maker
- Comfortable working with senior leadership
- Creative and innovative
- Empathetic to buyers, customers, users and sales resources
- Highly collaborative, able to work across functional teams
- Detail oriented, well organized, efficient with time management
- Executive presence and demeanor
- Five to 10 years of product marketing experience
- Formal experience managing direct reports and teams
- Formal experience in managing budget
- Related market/industry experience
- Technical/product category experience
- Product management experience a plus
- Santa Clara
Sign up for email alerts announcing job opportunities based on your preferences.
Search for and select one or more categories or a location (or both) and then click "Subscribe".
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we're lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what's never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.