Principal Networking Technology ArchitectSanta Clara, California
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
|Primary Location:||Santa Clara, California|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
Why Aruba, A Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company?
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
As a member of the Aruba office of the CTO, concentrating on enterprise networking design, this role will analyze emerging technologies and customer use cases for business opportunities. The role will combine technology, with industry initiatives, with market requirements, into tactical immediate actions and strategic investment recommendations. Works with business unit product management and R&D. Interacts with field sales technical engineering for gaining real world customer experiences and provide them with architectural advice.
- Develops organization-wide
architectures and methodologies for design and development of complex products, platforms, systems, software, and technology across multiple engineering disciplines, platforms and organizations within the Global Business Unit.
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies, innovations, and outsourced development partner relationships for alignment with technology roadmap and business value; creates plans for integration and update into architecture.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with technology and development guidelines and standards; integrates suggestions, updates, and innovations into overall architecture.
- Leverages recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of executive business leadership, outsourced development partners, and industry standards groups.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members to set an example of engineering design innovation and excellence.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or other Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Typically 10+ years experience.
Our Minimum Requirements for this Role Are
- Advanced understanding of networking technology and theory of operation. Has the equivalent of research knowledge in data communications or leadership in industry standards such as IETF or IEEE.
- Prior extensive experience in developing networking products.
- Awareness of emerging industry technology initiatives in networking.
- Ability to convey concepts and recommendations in presentation formats.
- Ability to work comfortably with sales and customers directly.
- Using, evaluating, and developing appropriate engineering design tools and software packages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Conducting reviews of material specifications and hardware and electrical component design
- Evaluating and selecting forms of empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate product designs and specifications
- History of innovation with examples of developing new technologies and practices for designs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
Benefits you’ll enjoy
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Sign up for email alerts announcing job opportunities based on your preferences.
Search for and select one or more categories or a location (or both) and then click "Subscribe".
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we're lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what's never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.