Director of Public Relations, Aruba NetworksSanta Clara, California
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
|Primary Location:||Santa Clara, California|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
The director will be responsible for building relationships with senior executives and product/solution teams to find and tell the unique stories within the Aruba business to amplify awareness of the brand, establish expertise of executives responsible for these products and solutions, and create thought leadership campaigns tied to these business objectives.
Responsibilities and expertise/experience should include:
- PR and thought leadership strategy and execution.
- 360 yearly planning and execution tied to business objectives with measurable outcomes. This includes a steady cadence of earned media and story development to keep media engaged and to-to-date; bylines placed across a variety of publications; and strategy for paid and owned media.
- Drive positioning and messaging for major company initiatives, responses to issues and industry developments.
- Proven media relationships across business and trade press in the security and networking spaces.
- Corporate message development based on data-driven insights of the market, media and analyst landscape. Socialization of that message internally to ensure message consistency across all materials - internal and external.
- Strong writing and editing skills to be used in media pitching, blog writing, press releases, internal communication, event collateral and more.
- Event experience: running PR campaigns tied to corporate and industry events and designed to drive maximum awareness and build relationships with key media and influencers
- Specialize in crisis communications and engage the necessary stakeholders.
- Lead spokesperson development and consistent training for opportunities in print, broadcast, 1:1s, events and on stage.
- Directly manage agency or contractor relationships. Mentor and/or manage other team members.
- Work across the marketing organization to ensure message consistency and campaign cohesion.
- Manage speaking engagements, event participation and awards with agency support.
BA in Communications is required; prior marketing experience is strongly preferred.
A minimum of 8-10 years of tier 1 agency experience and in-house PR experience in B2B technology environment is required.
Sign up for email alerts announcing job opportunities based on your preferences.
Search for and select one or more categories or a location (or both) and then click "Subscribe".
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we're lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what's never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.