Senior Product Marketing Manager, Data Center NetworkingSanta Clara, California
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
|Primary Location:||Santa Clara, California|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
The Senior Product Marketing Manager will excel in a dynamic, fast paced environment and will be responsible for Aruba’s enterprise switching portfolio. This product marketing manager will focus on all elements of product marketing, working closely with product management, field marketing, corporate marketing, sales enablement and sales. The marketing manager must have an understanding of enterprise networking, the buyers and their needs and act as a subject matter expert (SME) who transfers knowledge about the market, buyer, and solution across marketing and sales. The successful candidate will have experience developing GTM strategies, product & solutions positioning/messaging, sales enablement, and integrated marketing plans.
Reporting Line: Senior Director, Switching
- Develop deep understanding of the target audience by gathering insight about target personas, buyer needs and the purchase decision process
- Drive an audience-centric marketing approach within the organization, ensuring that messaging, content and campaign strategies are centered around customer buying needs
- Develop and socialize marketing plans, sales enablement plan, and launch plans
- Devise product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonates with the target buyers and author source messaging document
- Partner with marketing peers to produce relevant content for target buyers across the buyer’s journey
- Collaborate with sales enablement function to develop sales enablement plan
- Enable sellers by developing and delivering effective sales enablement content
- Assist in product naming by providing market, competitive and customer context
- Manage launch planning and coordinate the execution of the launch plan in partnership with marketing peers and launch program management
- Provide market and buyer insights to drive the development of campaign strategies including awareness and demand generation
- Serve as market-facing subject matter expert (SME) for the product portfolio and interface with industry analysts as the company representative
- Develop competitive comparisons for use in positioning solution against similar offerings from other vendors
- Work with the voice of the customer team to develop customer references, testimonials and case studies for external and internal use
- Drive upsell and cross-sell strategies for the product portfolio
- Monitor and report on the performance of the product portfolio, and results of related sales and marketing efforts
- Ability to conduct market, competitor and customer research to gather insights and assess market opportunities
- Ability to create compelling and effective value propositions and messaging strategies
- Ability to develop strategies for creating pipeline for new offerings as well as upsell, cross-sell and account-based marketing programs to grow existing relationships
- Ability to link product launches to organizational campaign themes and goals
- Critical thinker with strong writing, communication presentation development and delivery skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong influencing skills
- Creative and innovative
- Empathetic to buyers, customers, users and sales resources
- Highly collaborative, able to work across functional teams
- Detail oriented, well organized, efficient with time management
- 5-10 years of product marketing experience
- Related market/industry experience in enterprise switching and/or data center networking desirable
- Technical/product category experience desirable
- Product management experience a plus
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, is redefining the intelligent edge with mobility and IoT solutions for organizations of all sizes globally. The company delivers IT solutions that empower organizations to serve GenMobile – mobile-savvy users who rely on cloud-based business apps for every aspect of their work and personal lives – and to harness the power of insights to transform business processes. With infrastructure services offered as software from the public or private cloud, Aruba enables secure connectivity for mobile and IoT — under one roof. Aruba allows IT professionals to build networks that keep up with these changes by migrating away from expensive-to-operate and proprietary infrastructures, which were originally designed for fixed network connections within the physical connections of the corporate headquarters.
Amidst a massive transition away from networking technologies that were designed for the 20th century when mobile, IoT and cloud did not exist, Aruba delivers Mobile First Networks. The surge in mobile and IoT means that the wired and wireless network must deliver more than just connectivity—the network is expected to provide actionable insights about the use of mobile and IoT to justify future investments, so that businesses can adopt new technologies and serve the needs of GenMobile—while keeping the network secure and without breaking the budget. Aruba delivers networks that are optimized for today’s enterprise and SMB environments where mobile and IoT are pervasive.
Founded in 2002, the company was acquired by Hewlett Packard Enterprise in 2015. At the time of acquisition, the company had revenues of $2.5 billion.
Sign up for email alerts announcing job opportunities based on your preferences.
Search for and select one or more categories or a location (or both) and then click "Subscribe".
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we're lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what's never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.