Location Services and Retail Solutions Marketing ManagerSanta Clara, California
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
|Primary Location:||Santa Clara, California|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
Location Services and Retail Solutions Marketing Manager
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
We are looking for a Senior Solutions Marketing Manager to join our team.
The Senior Solutions Marketing Manager will focus on
- Location services and mobile engagement: You will lead the marketing efforts for Aruba’s Meridian App Platform, Aruba’s Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Beacons, Aruba’s Wi-Fi and BLE based analytics solutions, and Aruba’s asset tracking. You will focus on location services products and use cases across many different verticals, including retail, healthcare, hospitality, and education. In this role, you will be one of the experts in crafting go to market strategies and helping drive solution awareness, sales and channel enablement and outbound programs, including product launches and solution announcements. You will work closely with product line management and your peers in other marketing functions.
- Retail solutions: As an experienced industry and technology expert, you will lead the effort to position Aruba as a leader of network solutions that deliver business value and exceptional experiences for users and devices in the next-generation store and warehouse. Retail use cases today are heavily influenced by creating great experiences for shoppers and associates, with many of those experience driven by location technology such as BLE and mobile applications. In this role, you will work closely with peers in other marketing functions and will build alliances with and work closely with your peers from product management, sales and business development.
Leading indicators for success will be increasing Aruba's market presence in the location services space and in retail across different global theaters, and effectively developing and execute a comprehensive location and retail go-to-market strategies for networking. MUST HAVE RETAIL, NETWORKING, AND LOCATION SERVICES EXPERIENCE.
- Craft the story and clearly articulate the business aspects of Aruba’s mobile engagement solution during in-person or virtual customer meetings.
- Drive Aruba’s GTM strategy across sales, marketing and product for retail
- Creation of awareness, demand gen, web collateral, customer presentations and sales training assets.
- Work with customer reference team to develop customer references, testimonials and case studies for external and internal use.
- Develop deep understanding of the target audience by gathering insight about target personas, buyer needs and the purchase decision process.
- Support a global sales organization and partners as a subject matter expert for Aruba solutions in retail
- Evangelize Aruba’s retail value proposition across direct & channel sales, industry events, and social media.
- Cultivate strategic relationships with recognized retail technology leaders and institutions; ideate new industry innovations leveraging Aruba’s Architecture.
- Understand the competitive landscape of the market and help create suitable solution architectures.
- Contribute business and technology insight articles to industry publications.
- Brief industry analysts and external reporters on key industry innovation trends.
- Build strong relationships with Product Management contacts and Aruba Sales teams, keeping them informed and aligned with key wins, promotions and campaigns.
- Work with field marketing to execute global customer and channel facing campaigns to fuel demand-gen activities.
- Actively participate in customer executive briefings, new hire sales training, sales quarterly business reviews and sales kickoff activities.
- Create immersive storylines and experiences at annual end user and partner conferences (Aruba Atmosphere, HPE Discover), industry events (NRF) and present and participate in keynote and/or breakout presentations.
- Regularly recommend solution strategic direction to senior management.
- Often create innovative solutions to enhance sales of the product lines or line of services/solutions.
- Seen by sales team as an expert in the products/services/solutions and regularly is called on to defend the benefits in front of customers or partners.
- BA or BS degree required
- Minimum of Five (5) years of location services or retail sector marketing experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of technology marketing, sales or related experience.
- Understands organizational structure of retail organizations
- Proven track record of establishing credibility with key influencers and decision makers.
- Demonstrated ability to take highly technical products and generate marketing material that creates excitement and field/customer engagement
- Willing to travel up to 25% for customer meetings, industry events, sales/partner training events
- Proven track record of establishing credibility with key influencers and decision makers
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- 5+ years of experience working in a retail organization is preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in the networking industry, with a focus on locaiton services
- Past experience deploying retail technologies and a keen understanding of global retail trends
- Ability to translate complexity into creative, intuitive, and story-like marketing assets and campaigns.
- Critical thinker with strong writing, communication presentation development and delivery skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to influence.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to bring diverse people together to complete projects.
- Must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented, well organized, efficient with time management.
- Ability to prioritize and manage parallel deliverables.
- Empathetic to buyers, customers, users and sales resources.
- Highly collaborative, able to work across functional teams.
- Strong skills using Microsoft software.
Sign up for email alerts announcing job opportunities based on your preferences.
Search for and select one or more categories or a location (or both) and then click "Subscribe".
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we're lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what's never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.