Lead Cloud Software EngineerSanta Clara, California
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
|Primary Location:||Santa Clara, California|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
We are looking for Lead Cloud Application engineer for our SDWAN products. The candidate will be required to lead in architecture and design discussions with architects and team leads, in addition the candidate is expected to create detail design and facilitate design reviews with the leads and architects. Finally the candidate is expected to develop, unit test and integrate into the larger SDWAN solution.
Our Minimum Requirements for this Role Are
- Minimum Expected industry experience is around 5 years.
- Minimum education at BS or MS level in Computer Science or related fields.
- Multi-year experience in implementing cloud applications.
- Proven record of developing and releasing cloud applications in production environment.
- Work with Product Marketing to understand requirements and translate those into design and implementation.
- Solid grasp of computer science/software engineering concepts, including:
- Common data structures
- Standard algorithms
- Object-oriented design
- Distributed computing
- Cloud computing paradigms
- Knowledge of RDBMS (Postgres) and NoSQL (Cassendra, ElasticSearch, Kairos DB, etc.) Persistence stack needed.
- Knowledge of Cloud Platform - CoreOS, Kubernetes and Docker containers.
- Experience in designing cloud applications using distributed cache and experience of using Redis, Hazelcast and similar products.
- Experience with messaging systems like RabbitMQ and distributed streaming platforms like Kafka.
- Ability to deploy various techniques to ‘scale’ an application in a cloud environment.
- Demonstrated abilities to work with QA and Remote Teams.
- Experience in working with Agile Methodology.
- Multi-year experience with Python, Golang, and Java
Experience in any of the following will be considered a plus
- Good understanding of Networking Technologies, various networking protocols, L2, L3 and SDN concepts.
- Ability to contribute to multiple ‘technical programs’ simultaneously.
- Helping build a team, mentor junior engineers and collaborate with other teams for developing new technologies.
Benefits you’ll enjoy
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Sign up for email alerts announcing job opportunities based on your preferences.
Search for and select one or more categories or a location (or both) and then click "Subscribe".
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we're lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what's never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.