Aruba Proof of Concept Technical ConsultantSingapore, Singapore
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
|Primary Location:||Singapore, Singapore|
|Shift:||No shift premium (Singapore)|
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Aruba is redefining the “IT EDGE”. Creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility and the IoT to transform business models with the combined power of compute, context, control and secure connectivity.
The PoC TC’s primary responsibilities are to fully understand the Customer’s success criteria for a PoC, to work with the account team and Customer to document the relevant test cases for the PoC, stage the test topology and work through all obstacles to ensure the testing goes as smoothly as possible, executing the PoC either hosted at a HPE or Customer site. Document all test cases so that a full report can be delivered to the Customer and account team. The PoC TC is expected to have expert knowledge of the products under test, the necessary test tools, applications, server infrastructure, routing and switching infrastructure, network management applications, industry vertical solutions, and client devices.
The PoC TC will be responsible for management and logistics of the materials and to assist in the prioritization of and management of the testing activities.
The PoC TC will be capable of running through any portion of the Aruba mobile first test plan, which will be developed in close coordination with Aruba subject matter experts and various stakeholders. The full breadth of Aruba’s products and features highlighting areas of differentiation will be included. The PoC TC will work to incorporate new competitive features and products into the kits, updating test plans were appropriate.
Knowledge transfer and training for field teams in multiple theaters will be required to disseminate knowledge and best practices. The PoC TC will coordinate with sales leadership to arm the field with the same capabilities and enable them to run the tests in other locations. The PoC TC will be responsible for meticulously documenting all test cases and assisting with Customer facing field test reports that can be handed to Customers following a successful testing activity.
The PoC TC will be required to travel onsite to participate in and run testing activities as well as participate in discussions with field account teams and Customers to help position Aruba in the best possible way for competitive situations in which Aruba must showcase capabilities in the Customer’s environment.
- Execute complex Proof of Concepts (PoC) as a vehicle to finalize the technical evaluation of
- Aruba products during the sales cycle.
- Gather technical requirements from Customers and account teams.
- Work with Customers and account teams to identify success metrics to quantitatively measure PoC success.
- Create detailed and complex test plans.
- Work closely with technical experts (PLM, Dev/R&D, QA, TME, etc.) to vet test plans.
- Investigate and optimize a technical solution to meet or exceed the requirements of anopportunity, both current and future.
- Identify the growth path and scalability options of a solution and include these in design activities.
- Identify potential challenges for the proposed test plan.
- Find ways and means to differentiate Aruba above any competition and create preference.
- Optimize a solution to maximize Aruba competitive advantages.
- Represent Aruba as a subject matter expert in networking and to Customers.
- Actively support the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other Customer communications.
- Transfer knowledge to presales peers via mentoring and playing leadership roles in peer education programs.
- Become the Customer and account team’s technical advisor for networking consultative expertise.
- Keep current with industry and competitive trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges at multiple levels of Customer management.
- Industry experience - 5 years to 10 years Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Has deep and comprehensive understanding of networking technology and the ability to develop strong technical knowledge of company products.
- Networking equipment evaluation experience.
- Strong understanding of LAN and WLAN networking protocols and technologies, including switching, routing and security is required.
- Well recognized industry certification beneficial, ACMX, CCIE/CWNP preferred.
- Recognized expert in wireless technologies, 802.11 standards.
- RF spectrum analysis, MIMO concepts.
- Wireless security.
- Experienced in networking technologies and protocols including but not limited to:
- Switching: VLANs (802.1Q, VTP), DHCP, multicast, L2/L3, aggregation techniques, spanning tree (PVST+), LACP, etc.
- Routing: OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VRF, EIGRP, route policies
- Security: 802.1x, NAC, radius, TACACS+, ACL’s, etc.
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated ability in developing and delivering complex technical presentations.
- Proficient in presenting in front of various-size sales team, C-level executives, Customer audiences and industry forums.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in design, development and implementation of technical papers and reports.
- Experience driving projects in a cross-functional team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple, parallel projects to deadline.
- Extensive travel may be required.
- Requires the ability and willingness to accommodate a minimum of 50% travel within the Asia Pacific & Japan region.
- Experience with Aruba technologies.
- Experience working for Aruba in a technical or related role.
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
Sign up for email alerts announcing job opportunities based on your preferences.
Search for and select one or more categories or a location (or both) and then click "Subscribe".
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we're lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what's never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.