Aruba SMB Product ManagerSingapore, Central Singapore
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
|Primary Location:||Singapore, Central Singapore|
|Shift:||No shift premium (Singapore)|
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Aruba is redefining the “IT EDGE”. Creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility and the IoT to transform business models with the combined power of compute, context, control and secure connectivity.
In order to drive this continued success through our talented workforce, we have an opportunity for an experienced Product Manager to cover Asia Pacific Japan, responsible for the Aruba Small-Medium Business (SMB). Aruba’s category management team is seeking a highly passionate and motivated SMB Product Manager to drive an emerging portfolio who will be an exceptional addition to our team. This is a leadership position, where you will be working with a team that defines the product strategy and offerings for Aruba’s SMB wired and wireless products. We are looking for a talented and flexible individual who can quickly establish credibility and confidence with a wide range of teams including product, channel, marketing, customer support, sales and finally our customers.
The category management function defines and manages the product offering, positioning, pricing across the product life cycle of a given portfolio, and guiding the direct/indirect sales teams on such product related dimensions. The role is responsible to plan the business objectives for a specific portfolio, and to achieve this plan through on-going adjustments of the product-related decisions. He/she as the lead expert in competition product knowledge in all dimensions (product knowledge, pricing, marketing, customer requirements). Additionally, communicates, briefs, supports direct and indirect sales force on product strategies. The successful individual will demand generation priorities at strategic and tactical levels in partnership with the Marketing function. This is a sales compensated role. This job focuses on selling to customers, typically through work that occurs outside the company offices. The individual will be responsible for driving the product strategy for our SMB wired and wireless portfolio with a strong focus on execution. The candidate must interface effectively and work very closely with product teams, product, channel, marketing, customer support, sales and finally our customers to define the product roadmap and execute on it. We are looking for an energetic and driven professional with a successful track record of launching products and a solid understanding of distribution, networking and technologies.
In a typical day an Aruba SMB Product Manager, you would…
• Develop a deep understanding of customer needs, identify service portfolio gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive revenue growth.
• Define product requirements based on customer needs, market analysis, target market/use cases and deployment strategy
• Drive new offering idea through services New Product Introduction (NPI) process
• Develop collateral for service offerings, including value proposition and competitive positioning.
• Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding, internally and externally
• Superior understanding of the Small-Medium Business (SMB) category product, business management and sales challenges and strategies.
• Actively contributes/leads the definition of the SMB category business plan.
• Establishes relationships and represents the team with sales-force and other partners at senior level.
• Instant On Product line and SMB responsibility for a significant share of the product range, or a specific customer segment.
• Functional responsibility for the team in one or several areas (market analysis, marketing engagement, SF communication etc.)
• Leads a cross-functional virtual SMB team. Leads overall SMB engagement with one or several sales and pre-sales teams.
• Leads engagement/partnership with external ecosystem partners/vendors.
If you are…
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or related studies; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
• Typically 12+ years of professional experience with a combination of Marketing, Sales, Business Development/Planning experienced preferred.
• Product Management experience in Networking products (switches, wireless)
• Knowledge and strong understanding of networking technologies
• Regional experience and understanding of markets in Asia Pacific Japan
• Understanding and know-how of ecosystem of partners
• Consultative Selling, Customer Facing Sales experience
• Demonstrated Management/Team leadership experience.
• Excellent skills in teaming with local countries and regional teams
• Ability to develop short-term strategies and partnerships using market research and analysis
• Networking industry knowledge.
• Business planning skills, multidimensional.
• Financial planning and modeling skills, comfortable to manage high complexity business planning and reporting.
• Strong communication skills at senior management internally and externally.
• Knowledge of promotional marketing processes and practices.
• Negotiation skills and the ability to frame the product value proposition to customers/partners.
• Leadership skills and cross-functional expertise (sales, supply chain, marketing).
Then apply now!
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
Sign up for email alerts announcing job opportunities based on your preferences.
Search for and select one or more categories or a location (or both) and then click "Subscribe".
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we're lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what's never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.