Linux Kernel and Driver DeveloperSingapore, Central Singapore
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
|Primary Location:||Singapore, Central Singapore|
|Shift:||No shift premium (Singapore)|
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Aruba is redefining the “IT EDGE”. Creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility and the IoT to transform business models with the combined power of compute, context, control and secure connectivity.
HPE Aruba Embedded System R&D team in Singapore is currently looking for a Linux Kernel and Driver Developer as we are expanding for the development of our award-winning Hewlett Packard Enterprise - Aruba Networking Switches and Router Products. We have various new openings in our platform work. If you have what it takes– someone who has relevant interest, experience, knowledge and expertise, and is looking to establish a solid career with strong technical knowledge, we would like to invite you to explore a career with us
In a typical day as a Linux Kernel and Driver Developer, you would:
- Be the Expert or go-to-person for all Embedded Linux matters
- Troubleshoot and fix performance problems in Embedded Linux
- Lead development and maintenance of device drivers
- Lead technical discussion and drive issues closure with relevant parties
- Board bring-up and hardware design validation
- Accountable for the highest quality delivery of our work for all our products
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to troubleshoot complex problems
- Mentor and coach other engineers
If you possess:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- More than 10 years of relevant experience
- Very strong programming experience in C
- Deep understanding of Linux system, kernel and driver architecture
- Hands on experience in developing kernel level code including device drivers
- Linux kernel and device driver development
- Experience in porting Linux distribution for a platform, low-level system debugging
- Exposure to different CPUs/SoCs
- Strong debugging skills in kernel context
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, eager and quick learner
- A strong team player, able to collaborate and work with global and cross-functional teams
- Master's degree or advance degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with GIT or comparable Revision Control software
- Experience in writing secure software
- Past contributions to Linux
- Yocto Project Experience
Join us and make your mark!
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Sign up for email alerts announcing job opportunities based on your preferences.
Search for and select one or more categories or a location (or both) and then click "Subscribe".
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we're lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what's never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.