Senior WLAN Engineer with hands-on Aruba experienceTeleworker, California
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
|Primary Location:||Teleworker, California|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
The Aruba Resident Engineer role and responsibilities are primarily focused upon providing ongoing technical support and advisory services to HPE customers for HPE-Aruba Comware (H3C) and Intelligent Management Center (IMC) products and solutions.
- Providing Pre-service design/installation and Post-Deployment technical support.
- Proactively analyzing and recommending ways to optimize and utilize on the customer’s HPE-Aruba Comware and IMC investment.
- Assessing and escalating technical issues in support of HPE-Aruba Comware TAC and Product Engineering organizations.
- Collaboration in the development of HPE Comware (H3C) wired networking solutions; building test beds; conducting verification & validation testing; developing performance benchmarks.
- Deploy, configure and maintain Intelligent Management Center platform.
- Actively seek to educate and expand customer HPE-Aruba Comware technical expertise through informal workshops, coaching sessions, design reviews, and documentation for customer use.
HPE/Aruba Resident Engineer Challenges
- Ability to integrate as part and be accepted as part of the customer engineering and operations team.
- Ability to quickly assess and analyze pertinent data points in order to focus getting to root cause on customer issues with HPE products.
- Ability to continuously educate and expand the technical expertise of the customer.
- Team with the HPE-Aruba Sales Team and be engaged in their work with the customer.
- Ability to operate inter-dependently with a diverse realm of personnel to draw expertise in problem-solving.
- Maintain a sense of mission and focus on results that bring value to the customer.
- At least 7-10 years practical Layer 2 and Layer 3 internetworking industry experience.
- At least 3-5 years current, practical hands on HPE Comware wired switch experience and expertise. Must hold current HPE ATP - FlexNetwork Solutions V3 certification or higher.
- Four-year college or university degree or equivalent training and certification.
- Ability to design, deploy and troubleshoot HPE Comware wired networks; which includes enterprise L2 and L3, OSPF, QoS, IP network security, authentication, VRRP, IRF, NPS, bandwidth aggregation, ACLs, and Intelligent Network Management.
- Experience in trouble isolation and remediation at layers 1-4 (Physical, MAC, Network, Transport, and some application level).
- Experience and understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and designs; high availability, and cloud networking.
- Experience in consulting network engineer role, preferred.
- Good communications skills, both oral and written.
- Project management experience/skills/background, a plus
- Experience working in customer technical support roles; assessing and triage of troubles, managing trouble tickets, and trouble resolution.
- Ability to be on-site at customer premises regularly.
- Experience in identification of potential opportunities to for additional HPE-Aruba business
- Experience in addressing multi-variable trouble environments
- Methodical approach to trouble resolution
- Comfortable with non-standard work schedule.
- Wireshark packet capture
- Protocol analysis- TCP/IP stack and PCAP
- LINUX, XML, HTML, Powershell, Python
Sign up for email alerts announcing job opportunities based on your preferences.
Search for and select one or more categories or a location (or both) and then click "Subscribe".
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we're lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what's never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.