Aruba Presales Engineer- Data Center NetworkingTeleworker, Illinois
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
|Primary Location:||Teleworker, Illinois|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise:http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us. We have an exciting opportunity for a Presales Systems Engineer (PSE) to join our Data Center Networking (DCN) team.
The DCN PSE primarily provides pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex DCN products/applications/solutions. As a Pre-Sales/Systems Engineer, the PSE will be responsible for managing pre-sales technical / functional support to prospective Clients and Partners while ensuring customer satisfaction. With a proven track record of successful sales support activity, the Systems Engineer will present and articulate the capabilities and values of an Aruba Solution versus that of our competitors. The preferred candidate will have career level experience with networking infrastructure technologies in all arenas.
The SE will work with Aruba’s Territory Managers to qualify opportunities and convert leads into successful engagements. The Presales Systems Engineer must combine excellent sales support, and consultative skills with an expert understanding of advanced and emerging technologies with an emphasis on campus and distributed branch networks. The Systems Engineer will consult with their assigned Territory Manager to provide a comprehensive pitch to prospective clients.
This Presales Systems Engineer will proactively support an opportunity pipeline and drive through the sales process to closure. This career level position requires the ability to lead in a team environment and to collaborate on the development of innovative, tailored solutions for both clients and prospects. Incumbents must know how to gather the client data required to effectively tailor a solution. Solution selling is a must, and incumbents need to understand the various ways a solution may be delivered and have the ability to anticipate what will work best for a given client. By combining technical expertise with business acumen this role provides vital, detailed information about how Aruba’s solutions deliver business value to our clients.
- ·Manage account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory.
- ·Provide the optimum combination of hardware, software, and services to meet complex customer needs.
- ·Play a role in the development of the bid, proposal, and presentation of the solution to the prospect.
- ·Provide specific solutions/technology/product/technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory.
- ·Perform a career level of technical presentations for customers, partners, and potential prospects.
- ·Manage vendor partners to help drive business and deliver demand generation events.
- ·Drive account relationships over time to continue to deliver advice to the customer and identify additional opportunities; maintain and manage a sales pipeline and forecasts against regional goals.
- ·Possess career competitive knowledge including solution, technology, and product offerings.
- ·Provide consultative support to key internal/external stakeholders in assigned territory.
- ·Use in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- ·Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs.
- ·May prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions.
- ·May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions.
- ·May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client.
- ·May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation
Education and Experience Required:
•Technical University or Bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred
•Typically 8 years experience in technical consultative selling and account management
•Technical and solutions experience in appropriate industry
•Experience in vertical industry preferred
Knowledge and Skills Required:
•Demonstrates expert knowledge of company's latest technology & solutions
•Expert in competitive solutions knowledge.
•Leverages company solutions to support customer IT strategic directions, creating extensive customer business value
•Applies deep understanding of technical innovations & trends to solving customer business problems
•Strong credibility with company's business units and account teams based on history of solid results and contributions
•Applies productivity-enhancing tools and processes Off-shoring, Resource Management
•Establishes thought leadership in technical specialty area with customers
•Demonstrated ability to work as the lead for large complex projects at a Regional or global level
•Has a deep understanding of company's product & service capability for multiple BU's
•Has demonstrated extensive hands-on level skills with a broad range of the technology
•Demonstrates skilled use of financial and capital investment concepts in justifying solutions that create business value for the customer
•Utilizes deep knowledge of customer value chain and business requirements to create and propose solutions
•Persuasively communicates the value of the solution in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals
•Understands business metrics and drivers for multiple levels of customer management and appropriately tailors communications to demonstrate value
•Extensive level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges at multiple levels of customer management
•Demonstrates strong communications skills with customer management, as well as C-level executives
•Leverages deep understanding of the competition - both positioning strategy and technology - to create competitive advantage for the company
Sign up for email alerts announcing job opportunities based on your preferences.
Search for and select one or more categories or a location (or both) and then click "Subscribe".
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we're lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what's never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.