Senior WLAN Engineer - Aruba Networks Product SpecialistTeleworker, Kansas
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
|Primary Location:||Teleworker, Kansas|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
- Providing Pre-service and Post-Deployment Aruba product technical support
- Proactively analyzing and recommending ways to optimize and utilize on the customer’s Aruba investment.
- Assessing and escalating technical issues in support of Aruba TAC and Product Engineering organizations
- Collaboration in the development of mobility solutions; building test beds; conducting verification & validation testing; developing performance benchmarks
- Actively seek to education and expand customer HPE-Aruba technical expertise through informal workshops, coaching sessions, design reviews, and documentation for customer use
- Integrate as part and be accepted as part of the customer engineering and operations team
- Quickly assess and analyze pertinent data points in order to focus getting to root cause on customer issues with HPE-Aruba products
- Continuously educate and expand the technical expertise of the customer
- Team with the Aruba Sales Team and be engaged in their work with the customer
- Operate inter-dependently with a diverse realm of personnel to draw expertise in problem-solving
- Maintain a sense of mission and focus on results that bring value to the customer
- Minimum of Seven (7) years practical Layer 2 and Layer 3 internetworking experience required.
- Minimum of Three (3) years practical and current hands on Aruba WLAN and 802.11 experience and expertise required.
- Ability to design, deploy and troubleshoot IP and wireless networks, which includes enterprise IP networking, IP network security, authentication, certificates, remote access, network access controls, and IP network management, required.
- Experience in trouble isolation and remediation at layers 1-4 (IP, MAC, RF, and some application level) required.
- Experience and understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and designs; mobile networking, and cloud networking, required.
- Good communications skills, both oral and written required.
- Experience working in customer technical support roles; assessing and triage of troubles, managing trouble tickets, and trouble resolution, required.
- Experience in addressing multi-variable trouble environments required.
- Methodical approach to trouble resolution required.
- Ability to accommodate non-standard work schedule required.
- Ability to integrate as part and be accepted as part of the customer engineering and operations team required.
- Ability to quickly assess and analyze pertinent data points in order to focus getting to root cause on customer issues with HPE-Aruba products required.
- Ability to continuously educate and expand the technical expertise of the customer required.
- Ability to team with the HPE-Aruba Sales Team and be engaged in their work with the customer required.
- Ability to operate inter-dependently with a diverse realm of personnel to draw expertise in problem-solving required.
- Ability to maintain a sense of mission and focus on results that bring value to the customer required.
- Ability to attain Aruba certifications (ACMX, AWMP, ACCP, ACMP, ACCX), required.
- Ability to be on-site at customer premises regularly, required.
- Project management experience/skills/background, preferred.
- Experience in consulting network engineer role, preferred.
- Experience with SFDC Services, preferred.
- Experience with Ekahau™ Survey PRO and Spectrum Analzyer, preferred.
- Experience with Protocol analysis: TCP/IP stack and PCAP, preferred.
- Experience with LINUX, XML, HTML, Powershell, Orchestrator, preferred.
- Experience in identification of potential opportunities to for additional HPE-Aruba business, preferred.
- Lawrence, KS
Sign up for email alerts announcing job opportunities based on your preferences.
Search for and select one or more categories or a location (or both) and then click "Subscribe".
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we're lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what's never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.