Android developerWestern Cape
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
|Primary Location:||Western Cape|
|Shift:||No shift premium (South Africa)|
About the Company:
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company and global leader in networking products and services, acquired South African startup Cape Networks in 2018. As Cape Networks we had a big vision: to improve the way the Internet works for everyone. We built a small team of skilled engineers and designers in Cape Town and a product that won us Best Startup of the year from Wi-Fi NOW.
Today, our product is the fastest growing in the Aruba portfolio and our team split over Santa Clara and Cape Town is recognized as being at the leading edge of design thinking and execution. We’re hiring highly skilled engineers to join our Cape Town team to work on exciting new products.
This is a unique opportunity to join our growing our team, build new products, and scale our systems to meet a >100x surge in demand during the next 12-18 months. We are truly a full stack company, with a great set of technical challenges to work on.
What do we do?
Our product gives IT managers insight into how their users are experiencing Wi- Fi, network, and application performance, and helps them fix problems before users complain. Other performance tools are complex and intimidating, built by network engineers for network engineers; ours is beautiful and simple, and our customers love it. Our sensor hardware is a delight to install and our software is easy and fun to use. Our product is used in offices, universities, banks, hotels, airports, stadiums, retail stores, and more - every business with Wi-Fi is a potential customer that we can help.
Do you know the intricacies of the Android platform inside and out? Are you an Android developer who pushes mobile technologies to their limits? We are looking for an extremely technical, self-driven, highly motivated individual to lead our Android development. This role focuses on low-level library and SDK work, with a lesser emphasis on UI/UX design.
Education and experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 4 - 6 years experience.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in developing for the Android platform
- Proficient with Android SDK, Java, and modern libraries (Retrofit, RxJava, Moshi, etc.)
- Experience with offline storage and threading
- Familiar with RESTful APIs and JSON to interact with backend systems
- Experienced with source control systems (git/GitHub)
- Knowledge of low-level system work is preferred (services, backgrounding)
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Knowledge of networking or network performance testing will be a huge bonus
- Knowledge of 802.11 would be an additional massive bonus
- Experience building developer tools
What you will be doing:
To start with, you will be building our network performance assurance SDK to be used by third parties in their apps. This SDK will run network performance and other related tests and feed this data to our backend systems. You will also be developing the first consumer of this SDK in the form of an Android app that will analyse Wi-Fi environments and display metrics to the user.
What we are offering :
- Excitement and growth of a startup with the resources and security of a Fortune 100 company
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Exposure to the latest & greatest technologies
- Opportunity to help shape the product
- Growth and global scope
Sign up for email alerts announcing job opportunities based on your preferences.
Search for and select one or more categories or a location (or both) and then click "Subscribe".
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we're lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what's never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.