Partner Sales Consultant - ArubaDate posted 09/12/2017 Location Bracknell,
HewlettPackard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have ameaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE bringstogether a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure toserve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents.HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive businessvalue, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning doesnot only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerfulways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In additionto working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities tolearn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guidedby feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize yourknowledge.
EnterpriseGroup works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions.The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation andintegration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
Develops and nurtures a strategic/mutually beneficialrelationship with the partner or with a targeted set of resellers,distributors, Systems Integrators (SIs) and/or Independent Software Vendors(ISVs) and their ecosystem partners to drive additional revenue with jointsales efforts. Coordinates all HP activities with the partner, includingeducation, marketing, executive briefings, business planning and clientengagements.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as asubject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideasand methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or datarequires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or providesexpertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functionalinitiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to processimprovements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organizationto external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgmentwithin broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method foraccomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidanceto lower level employees.
- Serves as the expert to the partner forextremely complex information regarding product, services, and softwaretransitions, promotions, and configurations.
- Promotes company offerings to become a keypart of the partner's business and solutions; May be brought by partner to sellcompany brand to end-customers.
- Establishes and maintains account plans topromote sales growth.
- Achieves assigned quota for company products,services and software.
- Transactional and relationship selling within,and influencing, a team of selling professionals; physically visits partnercustomers at their offices.
- Creates, fills-in and manages company funnelfor deals with partners and transforms potential leads into joint salesactivities.
- Actively engages company resources and seniorexecutives to build strategic relationships with the partner which ensureslong- term business opportunities for company.
- Provides the business rationale and riskassessment for making company investments in the partner.
- Ensures partners are compliant with legal andSBC practices.
- May drive SOW growth with distributors who aremanaging small partners on behalf of company.
- May recruit and develop business relationshipwith new partners.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- University or Bachelor’s degree.
- Typically 8-12 years of selling experience atend- user account or partner level.
- Experience selling to partners in a complexenvironment.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Thorough understanding of the IT industry,competing vendors, and the channel. Dimensions include competitive positioningand business models.
- Thorough understanding of company’sorganization & operations, including key business rules, and alignment withcompany GBU go-to-market strategies, partner segmentation, key programs &initiatives, structure and business model.
- Thorough understanding of company's products,software, and services. Able to communicate the strengths of company'sofferings relative to competition, and overcome objections.
- Effectively sells company offerings bybuilding strategic relationships with partner decision makers; aligning partnerand company processes; and promoting company programs and offerings.
- Develops strategic plans with the partner togrow the size of the business and company's share.
- Partners effectively with others in theaccount to ensure coordinated efficient account management.
- Ability to motivate partner’s sales force.
- Coordinates and directs efforts across companysales teams and across business groups.
- Thorough understanding of pipeline managementdiscipline and ability to explain benefits to partners/other sales teamsmembers.
- Carries quota at least50% more than the average local/country/ regional quota per account mgr ratio.
- Primary focus for partnerssales on SMB segment.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.