Aruba LATAM Engineering LeaderDate posted 06/08/2018 Location All, Florida
The Category management function defines and manages the product offering, positioning, and pricing across the product life cycle of a given portfolio, guiding the direct/indirect sales teams on such product related dimensions. They are responsible to plan the business objective for a specific portfolio, and to achieve this plan through on going adjustments of the product related decisions. Acts as the lead expert in competition product knowledge in all dimensions (product knowledge, pricing, marketing, customer requirements). Communicates, briefs, supports direct and indirect sales force on product strategies. Defines advertising, and demand generation priorities at strategic and tactical levels in partnership with the Marketing function. Sales compensated role. Quota is an overlay. These jobs focus on selling to customers, typically through work that occurs outside the company offices.
Manages teams that provides Market Analysis - Product Life Cycle management Pricing Advocacy - Forecasting & Reporting - Business Control Product Line development through Education, Communication, and Sales Support Facilitates communication between marketing and regional customer facing organizations.
Manages activities of ICs (typically Expert/Master) and/or MG1s with accountability for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and sales/marketing strategy.
Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long- term goals of the organization.
Plans, directs, and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members' primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both.
Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Additional Guidance/Criteria:
Directs and controls category management activities for a sub-region or Region.
Position typically reports to MG3 or above.
Manages organization size of typically 10 or more employees.
- Directs the overall category management operations in assigned area of responsibilities.
- Plans Category management programs to achieve business objectives established primarily by higher level Sales Manager.
- Supports the achievement of overlay revenue and expense objectives within assigned area.
- May also manage other functions in addition to Category Management e.g., Technical Consulting, Marketing, etc
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated success in the management of marketing and sales support programs on global basis.
- Regularly makes independent decisions of a strategic nature.
- Capable of taking strategic risks that visibly impact the company's financial well- being.
- Prior management experience.
- Direct experience as referenced above.
- Prior sales AND marketing AND directly related management experience.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.