Aruba OEM APAC Sales Pursuit LeadDate posted 05/20/2018 Location Singapore,
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
Aruba is redefining the “IT EDGE”. Creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility and the IoT to transform business models with the combined power of compute, context, control and secure connectivity.
The OEM business is one of the key growth areas for HPE Aruba. An OEM is a company (like HPE – we are a big OEM ourselves) that, on a contractual basis, buys HPE products & services (direct or indirect) in order to embed, integrate or private-label these products into their end-product. And this is truly across multiple verticals – Healthcare, Manufacturing, Broadcasting, Hospitality, Security & Surveillance, Telco, etc. These end-products are sold and supported by the OEM as a fully OEM-owned complete solution.
The Aruba OEM APAC Sales Pursuit Lead works on a defined number of accounts – of great strategic (long-term) value to HPE Aruba – to win “design-ins” for Aruba with these accounts. Successfully completing such a “design win” can be done in certain cycles only, when the OEM is making changes in the portfolio (always think about the Intellectual Property (IP) they have on which they differentiate from their competition). Sales cycles are relatively long, but HPE Aruba’s hit-rate is high when we engage. Selling a “design win” is about selling simultaneously “bottom-up” and “top-down” – meaning the Aruba OEM Pursuit Lead must feel confident having a technically concrete offering for the OEM’s R&D and Product Management teams to run tests and evaluate product fit, and needs to have a well-planned business model in terms of pricing, bundles, support services. Done this well today leads to sustainable business for our Aruba intelligent edge networking global business unit, both in terms of annuity and solid gross margin.
A significant percentage of time will be spent directly with customer interfaces at all levels.
As a member of the Aruba Global OEM team, the Aruba OEM APAC Pursuit Lead will pursue new campus networking opportunities with OEMs (current and new logos) and increase the reach of Aruba in the OEM market in APAC.
- Develops long-term sales pipeline to increase Aruba's market share in specialized area.
- Uses specialty expertise to seek out new opportunities for customer value by expanding and enhancing existing opportunities to build the pipeline and drive pursuit in specialty area.
- Provides support to the involved HPE Enterprise Account Executive and/or Account Manager. Sets direction for business development and solution replication.
- Creates and grows reference customers for Aruba across the APAC region.
- Sells complex products or solutions to OEM customers on a true partnership basis (approach customers as partners and participants in the growth of your business, not as ‘targets’). May act as a dedicated resource to a few strategic accounts.
- Establishes a professional and consultative relationship with the client, including C-level for mid-to-large accounts by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their specific industry vertical.
- Maintains and uses overall cross-portfolio Aruba knowledge (and keeps track of the competitors’ offerings) to support the overall account teams with integration of Aruba solutions.
- Contributes to enduring executive relationships that establish HPE's consultative professionalism and promote its total solution capabilities.
- Bachelor's (undergraduate) degree, Master’s (graduate) degree desired.
- Experience in IT industry overall, and in vertical industry and networking preferred.
- Proven sales record, and/or business development – preferably already in networking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience in contract negotiation and commercially astute.
- Strong presentation, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Strong team-player (Aruba is expanding rapidly!), solid resource brokering/allocation.
- Proven ability to contribute in cross-functional, international teams.
- Maintain balance between delivering customer delight and meeting sales and gross margin goals
- A self-motivated, challenge-seeker mentality with a go-and-get (read: hunter) approach and the will to win (read: actively involved and leading all aspects of deal closure) – driven by success!
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.