Edgeline iLO Firmware EngrDate posted 02/14/2017 Location Houston, Texas
Hewlett Packard Enterprise leads the industry with its ProLiant servers. With a product line expanding into exciting new areas, HPE is looking for talent that can play a critical role in defining and delivering innovative solutions.
Edgeline iLO Firmware Development engineers play an integral role in delivering industry leading ProLiant products and solutions. As an iLO FW Development engineer at HPE, you will architect, design, develop, debug, and maintain firmware to provide innovative products and solutions to our customers, evaluate and design industry standards and new technologies, and help define and shape new industry leading products. The position offers the qualified candidate the opportunity to work in an exciting, high profile, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment. The position includes working with the latest in hardware and software technology and provides excellent opportunities to gain a wide breadth of experience.
- Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture
- Leads a project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Represents the software systems engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years’ experience in firmware development.
- Solid programming skills in C/C++.
- Proficiency in Assembly Language Programming and Python is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering concepts, with emphasis on component and object-oriented programming.
- Strong firmware, software, and hardware background.
- Knowledge of OS architecture.
- Knowledge of computer architecture.
- Knowledge of industry standard technologies including ACPI, USB, SMBIOS, IPMI, Redfish, and PCI express.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent code documentation and commenting skills.
- Excellent debug and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong firmware architect capabilities.
- Ability to drive, review, and understand design and requirement specifications.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects.
- Customer focused and customer driven.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.