Mid-Market Commercial Accounts RepresentativeDate posted 10/11/2018 Location All, New Jersey
Serves as the overall account lead (single point of contact) for numerous, large named accounts in an assigned country, geographic territory and/or industry; understands a client’s key business and IT challenges and requirements and is focused on driving value for the client, while maximizing revenue and margin for the company. Specializes in a value or volume specialty (computers, servers, storage, services, printers) with focus on growing the base business, complex solutions, and new business opportunities. Accounts may be managed remotely. Is supported primarily by presales and inside sales resources. These jobs focus on selling to customers, typically through work that occurs outside the company offices.
- Coordinates/Owns account plans for strategic commercial accounts in the account planning process
- Focuses on larger deals/opportunities and value and/or volume portfolio management, and selling a range of company products and solutions.
- Uses specialty to leverage existing opportunities and branch into more than one BU in the account.
- Establishes a professional working relationship (up to the executive level) with clients, and develops a core understanding of the unique business needs.
- Engages partners effectively to improve win rates on selective deals.
- Builds growth opportunities using the account planning process; actively manages planning process through scheduled reviews and updates.
- Generates leads for company volume products and certain value products and collaborates with other specialists or partners as needed.
- Responsible for achieving/managing quarterly, half yearly or yearly quota.
- Enters opportunities in pipeline tools and updates them weekly. Recommends and Implements Pipeline management practices.
- Sell solutions that include hardware, software and services.
- Build and deploy a territory account plan that includes working with partners, specialists.
- Ability to implement margin recovery activities/strategies in full ownership of the account or in partial ownership depending on account coverage.
- Acts as a first interface for international accounts in collaboration with members of global business teams, and local teams.
- Identifies customer requirements, matches with company capabilities and chooses the respective company supply chain accordingly (Direct or Indirect).
- Reviews and designs sales policy and strategy.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Has deep knowledge of basic enhanced products, solution and service offerings as well as competitors' offerings.
- Extensive vertical industry knowledge and advanced degree of selling skills.
- Typically 3-5 years of experience as referenced above.
- Account management experience required.
- Experience in product specialty (computers, printers, servers, storage).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Broad understanding of the customer's needs; applies standard as well as creative solutions to meet those needs.
- Ability to coordinate internal and external partners to deliver appropriate solution sale.
- Able to interface with senior levels internal to the company and external client and partner groups.
- Knows when to adjust business plans based on account and industry segment opportunities.
- Use consultative selling skills to proactively help customer's with making IT business decisions.
- Partner organization intelligence aligned with partner management skills.
- Conceptualizes and articulates well-targeted solutions in area of specialty - from proposal to contract sign off.
- Ability to understand the customer's business issues and translate to the company's solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and drive strategic sales activity on a solution basis.
- Excels in competitive selling skills.
- Needs a good understanding of the channel and how to partner.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.