Senior Aruba Networking Engineer – Resident Engineer (Several Locations)Date posted 01/27/2018 Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Aruba, an HPE Company, is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for various future opportunities as Aruba Senior Networking Resident Engineers. In anticipation of these opportunities becoming available, completing a profile will allow us to evaluate your qualifications and interests and will allow us to stay connected.
These roles will require either US citizenship or an existing Green Card.
These roles may be based in various US or international locations. Current locations include: Camden NJ, Houston TX, Charlotte NC, Chicago IL, Hartford CT, Menlo Park CA, Seattle WA, Stevens Point WI, Plano TX and Los Angeles CA. We also have unique, new opportunities for one year travelling positions based in Singapore, Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) or the Netherlands.
The Aruba Networking Resident Engineer role and responsibilities are primarily focused upon providing ongoing technical support and advisory services to HPE-Aruba service provider customers for HPE- Aruba product and solutions.
- Provide Pre-service and Post-Deployment technical support
- On occasion, provide support in the development of software applications used by service provider.
- Assess and escalate technical issues in support of HPE-Aruba TAC and Product Engineering organizations
- Collaborate in the development of mobility solutions; building test beds; conducting verification and validation testing; developing performance benchmarks
- Actively seek to education and expand customer HPE-Aruba technical expertise through informal workshops, coaching sessions, design reviews, and documentation for customer use
Aruba Resident Engineer Challenges:
- Ability to integrate as part and be accepted as part of the customer engineering and operations team
- Ability to quickly assess and analyze pertinent data points in order to focus getting to root cause on customer issues with HPE-Aruba products
- Ability to continuously educate and expand the technical expertise of the customer
- Team with the HPE-Aruba Sales Team and be engaged in their work with the customer
- Ability to operate inter-dependently with a diverse realm of personnel to draw expertise in problem-solving
- Maintain a sense of mission and focus on results that bring value to the customer
- Expert level Aruba WLAN and ClearPass experience in a large and/or enterprise level environment
- At least 7-10 years practical Layer 2 and Layer 3 internetworking and at least 3-5 years practical hands on Aruba WLAN and 802.11 experience and expertise.
- 2-5 years practical experience in software programming (Python, JAVA, C, and web applications) and software integration.
- Four-year college or university degree or equivalent training and certification.
- Ability to design, deploy and troubleshoot IP and wireless networks; which includes enterprise IP networking, Aruba ClearPass, Aruba AirWave, and RF analysis.
- Experience in trouble isolation and remediation at layers 1-4 (IP, MAC, RF, and some application level).
- Experience and understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and designs; mobile networking, and cloud networking.
- Experience in consulting network engineer role, preferred.
- Good communications skills, both oral and written.
- Project management experience/skills/background, a plus
- Experience working in customer technical support roles; assessing and triage of troubles, managing trouble tickets, and trouble resolution.
- Ability to be on-site at customer premises regularly.
- Experience in identification of potential opportunities to for additional HPE-Aruba business
- Experience in addressing multi-variable trouble environments
- Methodical approach to trouble resolution
- Comfortable with non-standard work schedule.
- Attain Aruba certifications (ACCP, ACMP, ACCX)
- SFDC Services
- NetScout AirMagnet™ Survey PRO and Spectrum XT, or Ekahau
- Protocol analysis- TCP/IP stack and PCAP
- LINUX, XML, HTML, Powershell, Orchestrator
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Aruba designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs."
What We Offer
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first and last, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Aruba/HPE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.