Location Services Software Product ManagerDate posted 10/10/2018 Location Portland, Oregon
Aruba’s Meridian Location Services business is growing rapidly and we are looking for a software product manager to help us build out our portfolio of cloud and mobile based applications for location services.
As a Software Product Manager, you will be responsible for developing and helping market the software components of Aruba’s industry leading location services products. You will be responsible for improving functionality and marketability of existing products, evaluate and prioritize feature requests from customers, partners sales, and help address new market opportunities based on your industry experience. You must be versatile with a good blend of business acumen and technical savvy, quick learner with the ability to shoulder new responsibilities in a dynamic environment. A big-picture vision, and the energy, drive, work ethic to make that vision a reality would be highly valued.
You will work with engineering counterparts to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing teams to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, working with the sales channel and key customers.
This is your chance to flex your business acumen, technical prowess, and customer engagement skills.
What You’ll Do
- Driving product strategy and roadmap for the cloud and mobile based software for location services.
- Work with all departments to proactively identify “whole product/solution” gaps, define market requirements, and drive eco system partnerships.
- Evangelizing/messaging/marketing the Aruba solution portfolio to the field and the customers.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies, innovations, and outsourced partner relationships for alignment with strategy roadmap and business value; create plans for integration and update into architecture.
- Leverages recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of executive business leadership, and industry standards groups.
- This position requires travel (~20%).
Our Minimum Requirements for this Role Are
- Experience designing and developing cloud and mobile software.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Evaluating and selecting forms of empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate product designs and specifications.
- History of innovation with examples of developing new technologies and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate architectures, plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Typically 5+ years’ experience.
Benefits you’ll enjoy
We offer competitive salaries and benefits like healthcare, 401k plans, ESPP, and more! We work in a bright, modern workspace overlooking the Willamette River Waterfront. You'll have an opportunity to make an impact with a small, highly productive team. We have a kind, smart staff who enjoy making one another laugh and sharing accomplishments. We're always learning and working hard to ship product. We invite you to be part of this growing team!
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.