Mobile Engagement Sales EngineerDate posted 01/27/2017 Location Portland, Oregon
Mobile Engagement Sales Engineer 1608140
Meridian is a HPE Aruba solution that helps places around the world build amazing mobile apps. You'll experience the Meridian platform in venues like the new 49ers Stadium in SF, the American Museum of Natural History in NYC, and the Marina Bay Sands resort in Singapore.
As a Mobile Engagement Sales Engineer (MESE), you will be responsible for providing pre-sales technical and functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. With a proven track record of successful sales support activity, the MESE will present and articulate the capabilities and values of an HPE Aruba Mobile Engagement Solution versus our competitors. The candidate will work with Mobile Engagement Product Team & HPE Aruba’s Territory Account Managers and Sales Engineers to support key opportunities and Proof of Concepts. The MESE must have the capacity to grasp new technologies and explain them to multiple audiences, project manage the sales and technology deployment processes, and consult with various stakeholders. Specifically, the MESE must possess a solid understanding of advanced and emerging mobile-software, Bluetooth Low Energy and related hardware technologies with an emphasis on mobile app design and development, basic web development and third-party technology integration. The MESE will support designed strategic and large account opportunities and work with various account teams.
The MESE will proactively respond to requests from sales field regarding potential customer opportunities, as well as support and drive these opportunities through the sales process to closure. It requires the ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate on the development of innovative, tailored solutions for clients and prospects. Candidates must know how to gather the client data required to effectively tailor a solution. Solution selling is a must, and candidates need to understand the various ways a solution may be delivered and have the ability to anticipate what will work best for a given client. By combining technical expertise with business acumen this role provides vital, detailed information about how HPE Aruba’s solutions deliver business value to our clients.
- Direct account responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory.
- Providing a solution that is the optimum combination of hardware, software, and services to meet the prospect's needs
- Configuring and deploying a combined hardware and software solution
- Supporting and driving successful Proof of Concepts (POCs) with target customers and prospects
- Playing a role in the development and support of the bid and proposal (including RFP response), and presenting the solution to the prospect
- Provide specific solutions/technology/product consulting, technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory
- Understand each of the components that make up HPE Aruba’s Mobile Engagement solution and tailor solutions by leveraging the various components
- Serve as one of the key evangelist to the rest of the HPE Aruba SE and sales community for the Mobile Engagement products
- Develop, document, and share best practices of mobile app design to be shared with HPE Aruba SE and partner SE community
- Maintain account relationships over time to continue to deliver advice to customers and identify additional opportunities
- Competitive knowledge including solution, technology and product offerings
- This role will require travel
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience required
- Minimum 5 years of technology analyst, project management or related experience; 5+ years’ experience with successful pre-sales support
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be customer focused and have the ability to manage and resolve solutions to complex technical issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills, and ability to interface to senior levels of an organization is required
- Ability to multitask and work independently, when required, toward stated business goals
- Knowledge of and experience with RSS, JSON, XML
- Experience with mobile development
- Knowledge and Experience with location technologies, specifically include Bluetooth Low Energy
- 5+ years’ experience
- Pre-Sales Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA or equivalent
We offer competitive salaries with big-company benefits like healthcare, transit/stock plans, etc. We work in a bright, modern workspace overlooking the Willamette River Waterfront. You'll have an opportunity to make an impact with a small, highly productive team.
We have kind, smart staff who enjoy making one another laugh and sharing accomplishment. We're always learning and working hard to ship product.
Aruba, a HPE Company, is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. See more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) applicant rights.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.