Customer Escalation EngineerDate posted 07/06/2018 Location Roseville, California
The job is for a Customer Escalation Engineer in the Campus & Branch Switching R&D organization. This team facilitates pre-sales opportunities and post-sales customer escalations that require R&D support. Working closely with customers, quality improvements are captured and driven back into the product lifecycle.
The Customer Escalation Engineering team is part of the R&D organization. As a Customer Escalation Engineer, we coordinate the resolution of critical customer reported issues. Not only do we resolve these post-sale issues, but CEE is also involved with winning new business deals by being involved in pre-sale Proof of Concept and Early Field Trial efforts.
Provides support and/or lead teams through the Engineering development process and implementation of company’s products. Projects are typically shorter-term, less complex and more contained with a defined time frame. Programs are typically longer-term, multi-functional, multi-project with complex requirements and effort.
Manage activities, resource capability, schedules, budgets, and ensure cross company communications to facilitate product completion on schedule within budget. Work with engineering management to identify and improve process and program efficiencies. Work can involve external parties such as standards bodies, partners, etc.
- Technical triage of network issues (wired focus) that come to the R&D lab from the field. Includes the setup and configuration of end to end solutions to replicate issues and identify root cause.
- Manage post-sale customer escalations. This involves working with the customer and internal cross-functional teams (support / development / test) to resolve problems impacting customer day to day operations.
- Coordinates multiple projects within a large scale program involving one or more functions driving the engineering development and implementation process for products or service offerings.
- Lead pre-sale customer interactions with account teams. Generate and execute test plans for Proof of Concepts, working closely with cross-functional teams to win new business for HPE.
- Develops portions of support requirements for assigned project, including budgets, and resource allocation plans, in accordance with provided plan and specifications.
- Provide supportability improvements for our networking products to the R&D lab based on customer reported issues during post-sales or pre-sales. Collaborate with marketing on prioritizing defects/enhancements/features for the R&D lab
- Coordinates the activities of associated project teams; tracks progress against established plans, reports results, and makes recommendations for alterations or updates to program manager.
- Develops program communications, including creation of status reports and summaries, tracking escalations and resolutions of issues, coordinating stakeholder meetings and updates, and updating project and program plans.
- Leads resources across multiple projects.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent.
- Typically 2-4 years experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using project planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of organization and company product and service offering development process.
- Knowledge of project and program methodology, resource allocation plans, budgets, and requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate manufacturing plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options.
- Reviewing customer facing material, such as release notes and support advisories, to ensure the documentation received by customers is clear, concise, and consumable.
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software. Including scripting for test beds and new product features
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.