Engineering Manager - Network R&DDate posted 07/03/2018 Location Roseville, California
HPE Aruba Networking is looking for an experienced Engineering People Manager who is excited to continue to drive the growth of the business unit. The candidate will manage a team in Roseville, CA that develops Software and Tools for our networking infrastructure and operation around our code repository, build environment test lab.
The person will manage a diverse team of engineering professionals performing development, design and/or implementation of products, services, solutions for the lab’s portfolio. Responsible for creating and communicating technical strategy within the organization and/or across the function.
In addition, this position will require the candidate to manage multiple tools and systems that are deployed to support our large software engineering team. The manager will be in charge of eliciting requirements, and driving the design, development, testing, and support for applications designed to support this infrastructure. The job requires a strong background in application development and IT infrastructure.
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for a team of SW Engineers and Architects designing and developing new products, enhancements and updates for code integration, system monitoring and infrastructure status.
- Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Provides technical and strategic vision for the team’s deliverables as well as day-to-day operational leadership.
- Engages with program managers, SW project managers, technical leaders, and executives to communicate program status, escalate issues, and guide and influence strategic decision-making
- Understanding and application of the agile software development lifecycle
- May manage relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources.
- Proactively identifies process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
- Provides overall people management for direct reports, including hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; drives and fosters organization-wide performance standards, expectations, and practices to support ongoing team member and process development
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant area of study required. May have advanced university degree.
- 7 or more years of related work experience, including people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Deep knowledge and practical experience in applying agile software development lifecycle
- Deep understanding of Python (Main language the team writes in)
- Familiarity with Code Commit/version control tools
- Jenkins, Git
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written
- Technical expertise in software development required; expertise in networking technologies desired
- Passion for the customer and delivery of features that provide a simple customer (in this case development engineer) experience
- Leadership skills including coaching, team building, conflict resolution, and management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence skills
- Ability to manage human capital across geographies to drive workforce development and achieve desired results
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Python development knowledge desired
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.