Engineering Program ManagerDate posted 07/03/2018 Location Roseville, California
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an innovative, dynamic company with a rich past and a promising future. Originally Hewlett-Packard Company, HPE has continuously reinvented itself. Today, HPE is one of the world's leading technology companies and provides wired and wireless networking, servers, storage, IT and Cloud services for the next generation of IT infrastructure.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
Leading a geographically dispersed cross-functional team (R&D, test, supply chain, marketing, documentation, support) through the product life cycle: from initial concept through releasing to customers for HPE Aruba networking products.
Looking for a high-energy, go-getter, resourceful individual with the ability to alter communications (verbal & written) specific to the target audience.
This role with Aruba leads a geographically dispersed, cross-functional team (R&D, test, supply chain, marketing, documentation, support) through the product life cycle: from initial concept through releasing to customers for HPE Aruba networking products.
We are looking for a high-energy, go-getter, resourceful individual with the ability to alter communications (verbal & written) specific to the target audience.
Provides support and/or lead teams through the Engineering development process and implementation of company’s products. Projects are typically shorter-term, less complex and more contained with a defined time frame. Programs are typically longer-term, multi-functional, multi-project with complex requirements and effort. Manage activities, resource capability, schedules, budgets, and ensure cross company communications to facilitate product completion on schedule within budget. Work with engineering management to identify and improve process and program efficiencies. Work can involve external parties such as standards bodies, partners, etc.
- Coordinates multiple projects within a large scale program involving one or more functions driving the engineering development and implementation process for products or service offerings.
- Develops portions of support requirements for assigned project, including budgets, and resource allocation plans, in accordance with provided plan and specifications.
- Coordinates the activities of associated project teams; tracks progress against established plans, reports results, and makes recommendations for alterations or updates to program manager.
- Develops program communications, including creation of status reports and summaries, tracking escalations and resolutions of issues, coordinating stakeholder meetings and updates, and updating project and program plans.
- Leads resources across multiple projects.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent.
- Typically 2-4 years’ experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using project planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of organization and company product and service offering development process.
- Knowledge of project and program methodology, resource allocation plans, budgets, and requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate manufacturing plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.