Expert Level Networking Systems Software QA Engineer - R&DDate posted 07/03/2018 Location Roseville, California
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions.
HPE/Aruba is also one of the world's leading technology companies and provides wired and wireless networking, servers, storage, IT and Cloud services, and software solutions for the next generation of IT infrastructure. http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
Provide subject matter expertise in multiple networking technologies and/or software testing methodologies. Leverage expertise by setting direction and innovating new ideas and approaches.
- Work independently with development to determine test requirements for product and features; translate into Test Plans that optimize quality coverage and efficiency.
- Design and deploy test topologies and environments that cover multiple test scenarios and customer deployments. Propose budget and secure required equipment and tools.
- Develop and execute feature and/or system integration test cases in Test Plan. Provide work and schedule estimates that result in predictable delivery.
- Identify and document defects, explain impact and help with reproduction and triage.
- Provide quality leadership for resolution of defects and technical debt.
- Analyze and report test results, identifying high-level patterns and/or product limitations stemming from software design/implementation issues.
- Interface with customers as needed for escalation support, demos and PoC's.
- Work closely and collaboratively with product marketing, software architect and development engineers on improving product quality and performance.
- Automate high percentage of test cases and help maintain/improve the automation test framework. Provide inputs to placement of test cases at gate and regression testing.
- Lead multiple technical, and cross-functional project teams.
- Help develop new or inexperienced engineers.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 7-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Significant experience with programming (Python), test automation framework and tools (traffic generation), software development tools (IDE, GIT/Gerrit).
- Able to innovate and set direction in this area.
- In-Depth understanding of switch hardware, network topologies, Layer 2 and 3 networking protocols (IPv4/IPv6, VLANS, LACP, STP, OSPF, BGP, QOS, ECMP) and network automation/management interfaces (UI, REST, SNMP, Ansible).
- Able to guide test coverage in these areas.
- Significant experience with Linux operating system and tools, especially networking related
Excellent understanding of software testing methodology, across all domains (feature, system, solution). Able to propose/develop/implement improvements in this area.
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English. Ability to effectively communicate technical issues at all levels of organization, and work collaboratively to resolve
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.