Firmware Development Engineer (Graduate)Date posted 08/08/2018 Location Roseville, California
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, offers a comprehensive open and standards-based networking portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch, campus LAN and data center solutions.
This position will be physically located in Roseville, CA.
We are hiring talented engineers who are early in their career to work on leading-edge networking products. We are looking for graduates who majored in computer engineering, software engineering, or computer science. You will learn about our wired networking product portfolio. You will be part of a team that designs, implements, tests, and validates SW for state-of-the-art networking products.
- Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of firmware, including embedded code, drivers, applications, networking protocols and security.
- Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues.
- Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on firmware design and development.
- Participates as a member of project team of other firmware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately-complex products.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 2 years with a Bachelor's or 0-2 with Master's degree.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience or understanding of firmware design tools and languages (C preferred).
- Must have strong technical knowledge - data structures, high level programming languages (C preferred), problem solving - and be a quick learner.
- Communication skills - written and verbal - are crucial.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of firmware and hardware design principles.
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.