Hardware Design Intern - Networking R&DDate posted 01/12/2018 Location Roseville, California
Hardware Design Intern - Networking R&D
This intern will be working with the Aruba team, an HPE Networking development group on next generation products. The intern will have a summer project that will be used for/in the Hardware development activities of current or future systems.
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise’s Intern Program offers students practical experience in the technology industry. The objective of the program is to develop your skills and experience and provide future opportunities for full-time employment at HPE.
Assignments will entail real-world applications, valuable work assignments and opportunities to experience HPE’s industry leading portfolio.
Currently, we’re interested in hiring top-tier students, enrolled full-time in a university program, and are looking for internships working on leading-edge technology.
The Aruba team develops state of the art, world class networking products for the marketplace and our customers. We are looking for individuals that have the desire and ability to contribute at this level.
- The student will be working with and learning from the senior members of the team. Responsibilities may include design analysis, tools flow, verification, script &/or tool development, or other engineering duties.
- Several assignments are possible, so final alignment will be based on student skills and business needs
Education and Experience Required:
Must be currently enrolled full-time in a 4 year university technical degree program. The candidate will typically have at least their 3rd Year of University completed.
- Currently enrolled in a 4 year University/College
- Major must be in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 3rd Year of engineering courses completed
- Desire to learn and contribute
- Result oriented and self-motivation
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
Technical Skills Desired:
- HW design knowledge/ability
- SW programming language knowledge/ability (C; C++)
- HSPICE and/or PCB design knowledge/ability
- Scripting language knowledge/ability (PERL, Python, TCL or equivalent)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
- Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
- Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
- Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
- Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
- If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.