Networking Software People ManagerDate posted 05/14/2018 Location Roseville, California
HPE Aruba Networking is looking for an experienced Project/People Manager who is excited to continue to drive the growth of the business unit. The candidate will manage a team in Roseville, CA that develops Software for networking products such as networking Switches.
This position will require the candidate to manage the complete SW development lifecycle, to rapidly deploy meaningful functionality to our customers. The manager will be in charge of eliciting requirements, and driving the design, development, testing, and support for products delivered with multiple partners.
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for a team of SW Engineers and Architects designing and developing new products, enhancements and updates for systems software, including operating systems, networking protocols, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Provides technical and strategic vision for the team’s deliverables as well as day-to-day operational leadership.
- Engages with program managers, product managers, marketing, technical leaders, and executives to communicate program status, escalate issues, and guide and influence strategic decision-making
- Understanding and application of the agile software development lifecycle
- Manages relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources.
- - Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
- Provides overall people management for direct reports, including hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; drives and fosters organization-wide performance standards, expectations, and practices to support ongoing team member and process development
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant area of study required. May have advanced university degree.
- 7 or more years of related work experience, including people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Deep knowledge and practical experience in applying agile software development lifecycle
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written
- Technical expertise in software development required; expertise in networking technologies desired
- Passion for the customer and delivery of features that provide a simple customer experience
- Leadership skills including coaching, team building, conflict resolution, and management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence skills
- Ability to manage human capital across geographies to drive workforce development and achieve desired results
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.