Software Architect / Distinguished Technologist - Network R&DDate posted 04/14/2018 Location Roseville, California
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Networking, one of the fastest growing networking vendors, is looking for a Distinguished Networking Technologist to be an architectural leader in the development of our award-winning Networking Switch and Router products. This position is physically located in Roseville, CA.
The position involves software architecture and design based on analysis of market technology trends and customer use cases. Technology familiarity should include all aspects of networking device design from hardware (including ASICs) to embedded software, networking protocols and control plane, and software based data paths. In addition, the position requires a broad knowledge and application of engineering disciplines, methodologies and tools.
Guide the software architecture and engineering design of our next-generation products. You will lead across internal and outsourced development partners to create state-of-the-art networking products.
Define requirements and work closely with stakeholders across the lab, product marketing and customers to define our product development strategy.
Guide management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Guide and mentor less-experienced staff members to set an example of engineering design innovation and excellence.
Participate in, and provide input on, process for selection of future technical leaders.
Keep up to date on industry trends and to contribute to standards bodies as necessary.
- Bachelor of Science in CS/CE or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Expert and Master level positions
- Strong embedded systems programming experience
- High level of experience with software development tools and processes
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Expert in algorithms and systems software design
- Expert understanding of software development principles
- Expert programming experience in C
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- MS or PHD in CS/CE or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 5 years of experience in TCP/IP, IPv4 and/or IPv6 networking protocols
- At least 5 years of experience in network programming writing secure software
- At least 5 years of experience in embedded software development in RTOS environment
- Expert in various phases of the software development cycle
- Experience with network development tools - sniffer, traffic generators, Ixia, etc.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.