Software Program ManagerDate posted 07/06/2018 Location Roseville, California
Provides support and/or lead teams through the Engineering development process and implementation of company’s products. Projects are typically shorter-term, less complex and more contained with a defined time frame. Programs are typically longer-term, multi-functional, multi-project with complex requirements and effort. Manage activities, resource capability, schedules, budgets, and ensure cross company communications to facilitate product completion on schedule within budget. Work with engineering management to identify and improve process and program efficiencies. Work can involve external parties such as standards bodies, partners, etc.
- Manages and leads a program involving one or more functions and project teams to drive the engineering development and implementation process for a subsystem or component of a product or service offering.
- Develops schedules, critical deliverables, budget, resource allocation plan, and other support requirements for assigned program.
- Coordinates activities of supporting project teams and internal and external development partners; tracks progress against established plan and makes decisions to alter or update schedule and resource allocation to meet product requirements and development schedule.
- Communicates program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to product stakeholders; collaborates with management and internal manufacturing and development partners to implement changes to product, process, or program plan to resolve escalated issues, produce solutions, and ensure adherence to budgets and established product roadmaps and schedules.
- Leads and provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent.
- PMP/PMI certification preferred.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using project planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and directing matrixed teams and resources.
- Ability to create and manage program schedules, budgets, and resource allocation plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate program plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at management levels.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.