Systems Software QA Engineer - Network R&D (Graduate)Date posted 05/14/2018 Location Roseville, California
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch, campus LAN and datacenter solutions.
This entry level/graduate position will be physically located in Roseville, CA.
We are hiring top-tier university graduates to work on leading-edge networking products. We are looking for students majoring in computer engineering, software engineering, or computer science. You will learn about our wired networking product portfolio. You will be part of a team that designs, implements, tests, and validates SW for state-of-the-art networking products.
System/Software Engineer for testing of networking products responsibilities:
- Develop test plan from understanding of feature functional requirements
- Design and deploy test topology and environment needed to execute test plan
- Develop and execute feature and/or system integration test cases in test plan
- Analyze test results to validate functionality, enter defects with supporting documentation into defect tracking tool
- Work closely with development engineers on root cause and problem resolution
- Automate test cases and help maintain the automation test framework
- Perform routine tasks, such as updating statuses and attending team meetings
Education and Experience Required:
Must have graduated within the last year with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Programming (Python), test automation framework and tools (traffic generation), software development tools (IDE, GIT/Gerrit)
- Layer 2 and 3 networking protocols (IPv4/IPv6, VLANS, LACP, STP, OSPF, BGP, QOS, ECMP) and network automation/management interfaces (UI, REST, SNMP, Ansible)
- Linux operating system and tools
- Software testing methodology, including development and execution of test plans for feature and system testing domains (scale, performance)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.