Network Security Consulting Systems EngineerDate posted 06/11/2018 Location San Francisco, California
As a Network Security Consulting System Engineering (CSE), the candidate(s) will be responsible for providing pre-sales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. With a proven track record of successful sales support activity, the Network Security CSE will present and articulate the capabilities and values of an Aruba Solution versus our competitors. The candidate(s) will work with Aruba’s Product Team & Aruba’s Territory Account Managers to qualify opportunities and convert leads into successful engagements. The Systems Engineer must combine excellent sales ability, and consultative skills with a solid understanding of advanced and emerging network security technologies with an emphasis on authentication, big data security analytics, NAC, and BYOD onboarding/provisioning of users and personal devices. The Network Security CSE will support designated strategic and large account opportunities and work with various account teams within a designated region.
The Network Security CSE will proactively support an opportunity pipeline to drive potential clients through the sales process to closure. It requires the ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate on the development of innovative, tailored solutions for clients and prospects. Candidates must know how to gather the client data required to effectively tailor a solution. Solution selling is a must, and candidates need to understand the various ways a solution may be delivered and have the ability to anticipate what will work best for a given client. By combining technical expertise with business acumen this role provides vital, detailed information about how Aruba’s solutions deliver business value to our clients.
The ideal candidate will have experience or knowledge in some or all of the following technical areas:
- RADIUS (Authentication, Authorization, Attributes, CoA, Accounting, etc.)
- TACACS (Authentication, Authorization including per-command)
- PKI (CA, Certs, Encryption, Trust, Client side config)
- SIEM and or Log Parsing and Management experience, i.e. ArcSight, QRadar, or Splunk is highly desired.
- Knowledge of data-exchange formats such as JSON or YAML.
- Captive Portal (Redirects, Logins, Walled Garden)
- 802.1x (EAP-PEAP, EAP-TLS, Supplicant config, Server trust, wired/wireless differences)
- Network Device AAA (Experience with AAA on different switches, wlan controllers, vpn concentrators, integration with Radius solutions)
- Configuration of SPAN ports and Tap installations, as well as an understanding of Packet Broker technologies is required (Gigamon, etc.)
- Policy Enforcement (ACLs, Firewalls, dACLs, web redirection, VLAN switching)
- Windows Active Directory Administration (AD, DC, Domains/Groups, GPO)
- UNIX/ Linux installation, configuration, and system administration
- LDAP (DB structure, user/computer objects/groups)
- SQL (DB structure, filter creation)
- API (XML, SOAP, REST)
- VPN (IPSEC, Policy, AAA)
- NAC (Posture check, NAP, Policy Framework)
- Networking (Routing, DNS, DHCP)
- Load-Balancing (Web, DNS, and Radius LB)
- Network Management (Syslog, SNMP)
- Strong networking experience, with sound understanding of various L2 / L3 fundamentals
- A working knowledge of network technology protocols, such as HTTP/S, DNS, DHCP, SSH, SMB, SMTP, SNMP, as well as TCP/IP transport is required.
- A clear understanding of practices and methods of IT strategy and enterprise architecture with emphasis on security architecture is required
- A clear understanding of perimeter and interconnected systems security controls, i.e. Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Load Balancers, Proxies, Content Filters, Network Access Control (NAC), and network segmentation is required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience required
- Minimum 5 years of infrastructure engineering 3+ years’ experience with successful pre-sales support
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in sales of Enterprise class security solutions with Channel Partners, within Fortune 1000 environments required.
- Must be customer focused and have the ability to manage and resolve solutions to complex technical issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills, and ability to interface to senior levels of an organization is required
- Ability to multitask and work independently, when required, toward stated business goals
- ACMX, ACMP, ACCX, CCIE, CISSP-ISSAP (Information Systems Security Architecture Professional), GIAC GSEC (GIAC Security Essentials) highly desirable and/or preferred
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.