Aruba Technical ArchitectDate posted 06/13/2018 Location Sant Cugat del Valle,
Aruba is a Hewlett Packard Enterprise owned company that focuses on delivering the best mobility solutions in the enterprise market. Aruba has lately been declared as the most visionary networking vendor in the market. As a technology architect in Aruba you will be part of a highly skilled presales team that runs the Aruba networking business in Spain. You will get the responsibility for architecting the technical networking solutions at Aruba’s enterprise customers . You will report directly to the Aruba Iberia Presales manager.
Responsible for defining, developing & supporting the sales process for technology and solutions with account teams. Engages in account transactions based on technical expertise required in specific deals/programs leveraging specialized knowledge base across multiple accounts. Focuses on area of technical expertise, e.g., specific products/areas within company's global business units. Responsible for technical consulting work with customers in selling and supporting company products, services and systems, or software. Provides technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, and customer training.
- Gathers and assesses customer needs, both business and technical.
- Identifies related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion).
- Identifies site-specific parameters and constraints that impact the solution.
- Identifies required project steps.
- Identifies likely problem areas that require attention.
- Identifies probable competition and product roll-out data/training needs.
Solution Planning and Design.
- Architects an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer's requirements.
- Investigates and optimizes a solution's fit to the requirements of an opportunity.
- Adapts solution design to new requirements.
- Establishes the validity of a solution and its components.
- Identifies the growth path and scalability options of a solution and includes these in design activities.
- Generates an implementation plan with timelines for the solution.
- Creates the appropriate test plan as required.
- Anticipates some of the potential challenges for the proposed project plan.
- Assesses likely competitive threats.
- Assists with requests for expertise from peers.
- Maintains excellent communications with customer management.
- Represents the company as a technical expert with customers; shares knowledge in area of expertise.
- Advances opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques.
- Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Communicates and articulates the details of their component roles in a proposed customer solution.
- Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
- Transfers knowledge to Presales peers via contributing participation in education programs.
- Identifies overlooked opportunities within the account.
- Analyzes and provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed.
- Facilitates smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design.
- Understands the roles and effectively engages other teams and resources within the company and partners.
Education and Experience Required:
- IT related University/Engineer/Master degree will be preferred.
- Experience from a similar role as a networking engineer or architect.
- Software background including networking management and security.
- Hands-on experience with WLAN, Wired networks, Network Management and Security Solutions.
- +8 years of on-the-job technical experience
- Strong personal communication skills in small meetings as well as in larger meetings
- Willing to stay at the forefront of the networking and security technologies in the market
- Highly motivated and autonomous professional
- Languages - Spanish, English and Catalan
- Cisco certifications
- Demonstrates solid questioning techniques and related communications skills with customer managers.
- Demonstrates understanding of the competition as well as good positioning & strategy.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.