ArchitectDate posted 08/15/2017 Location Santa Clara, California
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us. We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Engineer to join our team.
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
We are looking for Lead Software Engineer to work on next generation Aruba Cloud Platform. Aruba is a leading WLAN / Wifi and Networking company, part of Silicon Valley Tech Powerhouse HP Enterprise. Aruba Cloud Platform is an internally developed innovative Cloud Stack used for Aruba Cloud Products. These applications and the platform itself use various emerging Distributed and Cloud Computing Technologies. We are looking for engineers who will develop innovative applications and make significant contribution to Aruba Cloud Platform.
- Expected industry experience of 8+ years
- Minimum education at BS or MS level in Computer Science or related fields.
- Multi-year experience in Systems, Device and or Network Management.
- Proven track record of having contributed to multi release, generally available software. Programming experience in Java or Scala or Python is a must.
- Solid grasp of computer science/software engineering concepts, including:
- Common data structures,
- Standard algorithms,
- Object-oriented design,
- Distributed computing and
- Cloud computing paradigms.
- Strong Domain knowledge about contemporary Network Technologies, Network Management and or Wireless Technologies is necessary. Basic knowledge about networking protocols in use and deployment models is strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of contemporary Persistence Technologies – RDBMs and No-SQL.
- Familiarity with at least one flavor of Linux (preferably CentOS/RHEL) and container technologies like Docker
- Hands on knowledge of RDBMs like Postgres and No-SQL DBs like Cassandra, Elastic Search, Open TSDB and related technologies like Kairos.
- Experience with messaging systems like RabbitMQ and Kafka is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of Hazelcast, ZooKeeper, etc.
- Day-to-day working knowledge of contemporary source code development tools and techniques (e.g. GIT, Maven, Eclipse)
- Demonstrated abilities to work with QA and Remote Teams.
- Proven abilities to prepare necessary Design Specifications, participate in Design and Code Reviews and work with Customer Support Teams for Customer Escalations.
- Experience in working with Agile Methodology.
Benefits you’ll enjoy:
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.