Aruba Academy, Global Program ManagerDate posted 10/09/2018 Location Santa Clara, California
Aruba Academy Program Manager
Aruba Global Enablement
The Aruba Academy Manger be accountable for overseeing and bringing to market the development and execution of the Aruba Academy Program. This global program is designed to partner with Secondary Education Institutions in educating students on Aruba Technology, Products and Solutions.
By joining Aruba, you will be aligning yourself and the students you touch by leading this program, with an innovative market leader. Gartner has positioned Aruba as a leader for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure for the last 13 years and for 2 years running, Aruba is positioned foremost for completeness of vision. In addition, Aruba’s technology and innovation is deployed in 75% of Fortune 100 companies and 60% of the Fortune 500. This means you will be focused on providing young professionals in Information Technology an opportunity that will foster a long and rewarding career.
This role will report to the Sr. Director of Global Enablement and will be accountable for rolling out our Next Generation Academy Program to the market and collaborating with Aruba Education Services, Aruba Training Centers, Sales, Marketing and the entire Global Enablement Team.
The primary aspects of this role will include (but not limited to)…
- Overall program design and governance
- Leading the program’s progress against the organizational strategy and objectives
- Defining the program governance
- Demonstrating “visible” support of the program and its status and impact
- Managing all funding, financial, and policies for the program
- Continuously communicate and build relationships with stakeholders
- Develop global enablement metrics to measure and assess progress towards agreed upon goals
- Help determine and drive the content development strategy for common content offerings
- Primary relationship and program interface for the Academy Program including…
- Collaborating with the sales regions, globally on identifying, qualifying and selecting
- Onboarding of each selected Academy into the program for turn up within 3 months
- Managing program resources and investment
- Hire and manage the program support team
- Work collaboratively with the Aruba Education Services team around content needs, instructor training, program logistics, and other core elements
- Working with lab teams to build and manage a lab rental program for the program
- Ownership for the marketing and visibility of the Academy program…
- To the market
- To the potential Academies and their students
- To the Aruba and Partner Sales Teams
- Day to Day Operational Management
- Daily program management throughout the program life cycle;
- Managing the program’s budget;
- Managing risks and issues and taking corrective measurements;
- Coordinating the projects and their interdependencies;
- Managing stakeholders’ communication
- Managing the main program documentations such as the program initiation document
- Resolving cross-program issues and strategic issues
- Domestic and International travel will be required.
Areas of Competency / Experience:
Leadership and Relationship Building:
Establish relationships, networks, and partnerships that include a broad range of people that lead to joint projects. Monitors results and outcomes verses plans and provides the rigor and control necessary to stay on course and correct deviations from the plans. Demonstrates good judgment when escalating critical issues to higher-level management if own efforts to enlist support have not succeeded.
Communications / Influence:
Effectively uses formal and informal communication to express concepts, strategies, information, to accelerate sales and increase revenue. Convincingly presents analysis and recommendations to peers and senior management.
Business / Industry Acumen:
Understands the company's business strategies, competitive environment and industry trends, and how they affect strategy and policy decisions.
Understands and continues to stay abreast the latest academic, industry and technology trends and business drivers.
Program / Project Management:
Able to effectively manage multiple priorities and ensure on time and high-quality delivery of all projects.
Create and maintain a well-documented plan and gather resources to accomplish the goals of the project and or program.
• The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of strong practical Project Management experience managing the launch and execution of global program
- Good knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology and techniques
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in program management
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems
• Experience in the High-Tech Industry
• Must exercise self-initiative, judgment and decision-making ability to select methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to the moderate complex work.
• Must have strong project planning and implementation skills, excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to exercise judgment, independence, and initiative to complete all tasks and meet deadlines
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required or 5+ years of Industry experience
- Certified in Project Management – PMP, ITIL or other related certifications
- Experience in working with Academic Institutions
- Experience in working with Academic accreditation (highly desired)
- Experience in working with Sales Team within the High-Tech Industry
- Experience in Education, Instructional Technology, Training and Development or related field is preferred.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.