Cloud Application EngineerDate posted 01/11/2018 Location Santa Clara, California
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
Who You Are
We are looking for a Cloud Application Engineer to contribute to Aruba Cloud Platform and applications on Aruba Cloud Platform. Aruba Cloud Platform is an internally developed innovative Cloud Stack which powers Aruba Cloud Applications for Network and Wireless Network Management. These applications present sophisticated Networking Graphics & Widgets which help our customers to monitor and manage their wired and wireless networks. The Web UI of applications typically communicate via REST API and Web Sockets to back-end modules which are developed using various emerging Distributed and Cloud Computing Technologies.
We are looking for engineer who will develop and deploy cutting edge, innovative applications end to end.
Our Minimum Requirements for This Role Are
- Expected industry experience is 12+ years.
- Minimum education at BS or MS level in Computer Science or related fields.
- Multi-year experience in developing platform and applications using modern technologies like Hazelcast , Redis for caching, RabbitMQ/ZeroMQ for messaging and as well as proven record of contributing significantly for API and backend modules.
- Proven record of having contributed to multi release, generally available software.
- Work experience with dockerization , kubernetes
- Proven record of Java/Python programming in contributing to released software.
- Solid grasp of computer science/software engineering concepts, including:
- Common data structures,
- Standard algorithms,
- Object-oriented design,
- Distributed computing and
- Cloud computing paradigms.
Our Desired Skills Are
- Hands on knowledge of RDBMs like Postgres and No-SQL DBs like Cassandra, Elastic Search, Open TSDB and related technologies like Kairos.
- Experience with messaging systems like RabbitMQ and Kafka is highly desired.
- Day-to-day working knowledge of contemporary source code development tools and techniques (e.g. GIT, Maven, Eclipse, Node Package Manager, Gulp, Grunt)
- Demonstrated abilities to work with QA and Remote Teams.
- Experience in working with Agile Methodology.
Benefits you’ll enjoy
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.