Technical Marketing EngineerDate posted 08/16/2018 Location Santa Clara, California
As a Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) you will be a key member of the technical marketing team and will be the technical expert on Aruba’s products, technologies, competitive products and competitive positioning.
Who You Are
As the TME you will be the technical expert across a range of Aruba product and functional areas, including but not limited to 802.11n, 802.11i, 802.11e/QoS, emerging standards such as 802.11ac, WLAN security including firewalls and WIPS, WLAN APs and controllers, switching, Aruba Instant, as well as Network services focused on Enterprise solutions and deployments. You will be the competitive expert in the Enterprise solution area.
What You’ll Do
As the TME you will also help drive the inclusion of various bleeding-edge demos in the lab environment, as an extension to the Executive Briefing Center (EBC) experience. You will be actively engaged in various Aruba Events like Sales Kickoffs, Aruba AirHeads, HP Discover etc. to be in charge of live demos as well conduct presentation/training sessions for partners and customers.
As the TME you will be expected to spend 40% of your time in generating technical collateral which includes reviewing and producing technical application notes, configuration and design guides, and assist in curriculum and training development when required. You’ll be responsible for competitive analysis across all verticals and guidance to internal teams on HPE-Aruba SWOT analyisis. You will be responsible for review and development of white papers, technical briefs, and implementation documents for publication on the web and printed media. You will participate in and support technical forums, industry events, and other speaking events and industry shows. You will participate in customer site visits, especially those involving field demonstrations or competitive bakeoffs.
Our Minimum Requirements for This Role
- BSEE with 4+ years or MS with 4+ years in technical marketing, customer support, or equivalent role.
- Has deep and comprehensive understanding of networking technology and the ability to develop strong technical knowledge of company products.
- Strong understanding of LAN and WAN networking protocols and technologies, including switching, routing, and security, is required.
- Well recognized industry certification like CCNA/CCNP is required, CCIE/CWNP preferred. Understanding of 802.11 and other wireless technologies is highly desirable.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python and automation platforms like Ansible
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated ability in developing and delivering complex technical presentations.
- Proficient in presenting in front of various-size sales team, C-level executives, customer audiences and industry forums.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in design, development and implementation of technical papers and reports.
- Experience driving projects in a cross-functional team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple, parallel projects to deadline.
- Experience developing and presenting competitive product analysis for SEs, sales and territory managers, and channel partners.
- Networking equipment evaluation experience.
Benefits you’ll enjoy:
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.