Competitive TMEDate posted 05/14/2018 Location Santa Clara, California
Company & Job overview
Aruba Networks is one of the hottest networking companies in Silicon Valley. We have grown more than 40% year-over-year. We continue to gain market share in the Wi-Fi space (at the expense of a large competitor on Tasman Drive). We have over 1000 employees but our culture remains the same, to be the BIGGEST SMALL Company around. Our small company culture empowers our employees to work on exciting, state of the art technology and allows them to be a part of a cool, growing company. Our Former CEO Dominic Orr says “people work for impact, they want to have fun, and they want to get rewarded” and that is exactly what Aruba represents. Aruba is currently used by more than 15,000 organizations world-wide including many Fortune 500 companies and spanning education, government, healthcare, technology and retail markets.
Aruba Networks is seeking a Technical marketing Engineer for Systems and Solutions Engineering in Santa Clara.The job family spans across multiple engineering disciplines. Work consists of designing, developing, analyzing, troubleshooting and debugging systems, software and solutions for research and/or research development of product, services, and solutions for company’s portfolio. Requires a broad knowledge and application of engineering disciplines, methodologies and tools.
- Designs engineering solutions utilizing multiple engineering disciplines for products, systems, software, and solutions based on established engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
- Develops and implements parameters and test plans for new and existing designs, including validation of mechanical, electrical, software, and other engineering specifications and requirements.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Leads a project team of other engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for moderately- complex products.
- Represents the mechanical/thermal team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or other Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using appropriate engineering design tools and software packages to design components and solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of material properties and hardware, software, and electrical component design
- Using empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate product designs and specifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.