Data Engineering InternDate posted 05/04/2018 Location Santa Clara, California
About the Company
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, is a leader in providing enterprise-scale WLAN/edge networking products. Our customers include major universities, giant tech companies, and international retail stores, with deployments numbering thousands of access points and tens of thousands of wireless devices.
Aruba is redefining the IT edge with mobility and IOT solutions for organizations of all sizes globally. The company delivers IT solutions that empower organizations to serve GenMobile – mobile-savvy users who rely on cloud-based business apps for every aspect of their work and personal lives – and to harness the power of insights to transform business processes.
Internship positions available in the following:
- ETL & Analytics Intern
Apply online at www.careers.arubanetworks.com/students
Follow-up with our University Relations Team!
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ETL & Analytics Intern
We have an opening to work on the data pipeline of the Aruba Introspect; a Security Analytics product.
Could include the following, depending on the project. Design, develop and troubleshoot new features and enhancements, building out features for Introspect, improving the general product, and enhancing internal tools, that can be used in interaction with the system and to ease the product deployment. Participate in code reviews, design discussions, bug fixes (internal and customer found) and maintenance of the modules developed. Maintain and monitor several open source software libraries and applications.
Skills and Expertise Could Include
- Must be currently pursuing or BS or MS in CS, CE, or EE
- Completed coursework including common data structures and algorithms and object-oriented design
- Familiar with at least one flavor of Linux
- Completely comfortable on the UNIX command line
- Scripting languages
- Version control systems
- SQL databases
- Ability to work in an extremely dynamic and fast paced environment
- Good communication skills and ability to work with globally distributed teams
Our Wish list
- Fluency in Python and other scripting languages
- Experience in developing distributed server software
- Experience developing applications that use open source software
- Experience using and developing with Databases(PostgreSQL or MySQL), replication and high availability
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.