IT Engineer Analytics (Graduate)Date posted 10/10/2018 Location Santa Clara, California
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
Feeling a little restricted in your professional life? Join us at Aruba and find out how expansive your career can be when you set technology free. We add intelligence to networks, security and apps—improving the entire mobility experience for everyone. With the brightest minds and the best mobility technology in the business, we’re turning our vision of a wire-free world into a reality. Help us unplug the last cord and untether the possibilities for people everywhere. Come be a part of something great! We are looking for high-energy, smart and talented people to join our growing team.
This role will be supporting Aruba Smart Campus initiatives and Analytics needed for the Aruba On Aruba Program besides any IoT initiatives.
Support design of Data Marts, IoT Platforms, Analytics, Machine learning, Time Series predictions needed for the campus operations team and Infrastructure team.
They will need some exposure to newer generation scripting languages (such as Python, Bash, R) and some hands on experience in any IT application infrastructure automation tools.
Write and maintain scripts to support operations, development and testing of third party applications and internal development software. Remain in strict adherence with documentation, runbooks and procedural guidelines, compose and contribute to runbooks and documentation.
This role will work closely with the US based team and they will be required to interact with the US based team members, participate in the follow up of the Aruba support model. Communicate in a clear and concise manner to ensure the effective hand-off of issues and open tasks to facilitate transitional work is completed without disruption.
The ideal candidate will be able to quickly ramp up on new technologies outside of comfort zone and think at scale. Enjoy working in a start-up environment. Able and willing to wear multiple hats and do what it takes to get the job done.
Prior exposure to Infrastructure support, WIFI AP, Controllers, Cloud service delivery, SaaS service models is desirable.
Location: Santa Clara, CA
- Design and implement automated systems to operate our infrastructure from development to production.
- Use remote monitoring tools and protocol analyzers to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve problems from third party IoT tools and IoT Platforms.
- Creates and maintains documentation of all developments involving Campus Analytics and smart building initiatives.
- Design Test scripts for new and existing features for any campus operation project roll outs and product specifications. (both internal and third party tools)
- Interact with team based off-shore and guide the team in the execution and implementation and testing of Analytics solutions and campus solutions if any.
- Monitor and manage all IoT platforms and Analytics Dashboard and Data marts and alerts.
- Work with cross-functional project teams to represent Aruba on Aruba program initiatives in all aspects of our development process including user stories, design, architecture, and test.
- Be an evangelist for operational excellence including educating the company and developers on Analytics best practices.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with the team and make recommendation.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Knowledge of Data Marts, Database , SQL Queries, Analytics tool and Machine Learning
- Some exposure in Network Infrastructure areas is desirable
- Knowledge with new generation programming languages like shell, python & R and Object
Oriented Programming is desirable.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent design and analysis skills with a strong understanding of methodologies
and tools for Analytics.
- Some Knowledge of API, Rest API is a plus
What We Offer:
- Work in the Top-Notch Silicon Valley Technology Company.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and inspiring colleagues.
- High-energy atmosphere of a bold, young company disrupting the networking industry.
- Competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan.
- Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth.
- Excellent opportunity to be a part of ground-breaking innovation and make a lasting impact.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.