IT EngineerDate posted 01/25/2018 Location Santa Clara, California
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
We are looking for an IT Engineer (Network Software Engineer) to join our team.
The Software Engineer will research, design, develop, configure, integrate, test and maintain existing and new business applications and/or information systems solutions including databases through integration of technical and business requirements. Applications and infrastructure solutions include both 3rd party software and internally developed applications and infrastructure.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis of business requirements, coding of modifications or new program, creation of documentation, testing and maintenance of applications, infrastructure, and information systems including database management systems.
The ideal candidate will be able to quickly ramp up on new technologies outside of comfort zone and think at scale, enjoy working in a start-up environment, and be able and willing to wear multiple hats and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Support designing of Campus Operation Infrastructure and troubleshooting of Network issues and support our new Campus initiatives and Aruba On Aruba initiatives.
- Support new initiatives around building and design of Data Marts, IoT Platforms, Analytics and Machine learning as needed for the Infrastructure team and campus operations.
- Participates as a member of development team.
- Performs basic analysis of functional requirements.
- Completes code stubs prepared by more senior developers.
- Participates in code review.
- Prepares and executes Unit tests under supervision.
- Applies growing technical knowledge to maintain a technology area (e.g. Database Administration).
- Write and maintain scripts to support operations, development and testing of advanced software.
- Remain in strict adherence with documentation, runbooks and procedural guidelines, compose and contribute to runbooks and documentation.
- This role will work closely with the US based team and they will be required to interact with the US based team members, participate in the follow up of the Aruba support model. Communicate in a clear and concise manner to ensure the effective hand-off of issues and open tasks to facilitate transitional work is completed without disruption.
- Works within the Information Technology function, obtaining resources and working in support of objectives and strategies.
- Provides required documentation and participates in architecture reviews to ensure that the solutions comply with standards and use approved technologies.
- Typical customers are company end users and various functional areas such as Supply Chain, Research and Development, Marketing, Finance, a business, or the company.
- Masters degree in Computer Science.
- Minimum of Two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Experience with IoT technology.
- Experience with Machine Learning.
- Experience with RDBMS and Database scripting.
- Experience with testing tools and test scripting.
- Prior experience with Infrastructure support, WIFI AP, Controllers, Cloud service delivery, SaaS service models and supporting mission critical always-on services is desirable.
- Proven experience quickly learning new technologies, installation, operation, and troubleshooting infrastructures.
- Experience with newer generation scripting languages such as Python, Bash, R.
- Experience in any IT application infrastructure automation tools.
- Aruba solutions and technology experience.
- A good understanding of Linux/Unix command line, Job Builders and plugins.
- Santa Clara, CA
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs."
EG (Enterprise Group)
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
What We Offer
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise #ClearPass #Meridian
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.