Marketing Events InternDate posted 03/28/2018 Location Santa Clara, California
As a member of the corporate marketing organization the Marketing Events Intern will support the Global Events Team. The intern will work closely with the Global Events Team and will provide project support to assist the team. This position requires a self-motivated individual with the ability to multi-task and act quickly using good judgment. Supports events projects and activities including special events, meetings and industry trade shows. Analyzes ROI metrics and prepares reports for internal presentations on marketing programs.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with securing meeting room space, ordering show services, scheduling freight shipments, managing event set up and tear down.
- Provide onsite coordination at customer events.
- Analyze post-event attendee data and present results on engagement and ROI.
- Research venues, services, catering, entertainment, and transportation.
- Assist with lead tracking.
- Support event managers with pre-and post-show communications between vendors and internal department members.
- Organize and track product inventory.
- Work closely with marcom on graphic deliverables.
- Assist with shipping marketing materials to events.
- Assist with mobile app development.
Must be currently enrolled in a 4 year or advanced degree program to qualify for an internship, graduating no earlier than December '18.
The ideal candidate must have good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. He/she should be able to work effectively in cross-functional groups, possess the ability to manage competing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment. Requires the ability to multi-task, be extremely organized and passionate about focusing on the details. Must be able to work independently and in teams.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Power Point and Excel are required. Event marketing experience including planning and promoting events along with forecasting and budgeting is desired. Familiarity with event registration technology is a plus. Must be willing to travel.
Junior/Senior in Business, Communications, or Marketing preferred.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.