Data EngineerDate posted 08/11/2017 Location Santa Clara, California
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us. We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Big Data Engineer to join our team.
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
We are looking for a Principal Big Data Engineer who is responsible for designing and implementing data pipelines at Big Data scale.
- Implement parsers and validators for new Log sources
- Implement ETL transformers to reformat and enhance the data
- Implement ETL correlators to update the data from multiple data sources
- Work on tools and APIs to visualize the backend data
- Troubleshoot performance and data related problems
- Work with the Analytics team in defining the schema for new data sources
Our Minimum Requirements for This Role Are
- 4+ years java and/or Python development experience
- Experience working with Hadoop or Big Data (HDFS, Parquet, HBASE)
- Experience working with Large scale databases like Cassandra
- Experience working with Map Reduce or Spark, ElasticSearch, Kafka
- Experience working with Databases like Postgres, SQL
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent and typically 4-6 years’ experience.
Benefits you’ll enjoy
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.