Product Manager, Aruba Distributed Enterprise SolutionsDate posted 07/10/2018 Location Santa Clara, California
Overview of the Role
The Solutions team is looking to hire a Product Manager focused on developing the next-generation Branch networking solution. Aruba is driving a mobile-first digital workplace transformation that simplifies the management and operations of large distributed enterprise networks. The role calls for a self-motivated, experienced individual with strong writing & presentation skills and a deep conceptual understanding of networking principles. The individual has to have prior experience in a product management role for a networking product.
This job will be located in Santa Clara, CA.
Any exposure to cloud software development and network security would be considered a strong positive. The product management role in the Solutions team involves interacting with a wide variety of cross functional groups within HPE/Aruba and would involve product definition, market identification, pricing, forecasting, licensing, marketing content, field interaction and presenting at public industry forums.
Who We Are Looking For
- The person will need to work closely with engineering, product management, sales engineering and technical marketing to take products from concept through shipping.
- A good understanding of networking concepts both in the local (wired and wireless networking) and wide area networks is essential for the role. A strong understanding of the principles of IP/MPLS routing and SD-WAN are also required for the role.
- Lead the definition of specific product requirements to address the service provider market (including but not limited to NaaS, SD-WAN, Smart Cities, iOT, OSS/BSS integration, Unified Communications, Security, user analytics and other value add solutions) translating business needs into detailed technical requirements and drive the solutions roadmap
- Take full ownership for all associated product and business outcomes to ensure success across multiple dimensions – including technology leadership and growth in service provider related solution revenues
- Develop new business models (including sell-to, sell-through, subscription and OPEX pricing models) working very closely with global managed service provider sales teams
- Evangelize the solution and go-to-market strategy addressing various internal and external stakeholders including customers, partners, industry analysts, and others
Our Minimum Requirements for this Role Are
- At least 5 years of technology product management experience; 7-10 years of industry experience
- Technology Focus: LAN Technologies (Wi-Fi, Ethernet), IP Networking and routing technologies, network security, SaaS, SD-WAN
- Advanced knowledge of Cloud Services and solutions (AWS, OpenStack), and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), Network security (NG Firewall, UTM)
- Ability to gather and translate feedback from customers and internal stakeholders into detailed product requirements
- Very strong business communication and analytical skills
- BS or MS degree in Engineering. Additional degree in Business Administration is strongly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 20% including international locations
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science at a minimum
Benefits you’ll enjoy
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.