Sales Strategy LeadDate posted 06/25/2018 Location Santa Clara, California
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support development and delivery of Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with HPE leadership
- Co-lead annual planning process (top down and bottoms up) in conjunction with Finance & Sales Ops. Focus on driving the analytics and strategy to support plan
- Define set of analytics and filters (e.g., geo, channel, product, vertical) to be used to track Sales performance along with Sales Leadership. Collaborate with Analytics Lead to develop roadmap to implement proposed solution
- Continuously track Sales performance to identify need for new tools/metrics and potential areas of improvement by region
- Coordinate with Sales Ops and regions to drive agreed upon improvement initiatives
GTM initiatives (big bets)
- Support leadership with GTM strategy work to enable Aruba’s growth plans (e.g., reach $5B in 3-4 years)
- Develop the strategy and plans to support successful implementation of key Sales initiatives (big bets) in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Coordinate with Sales Ops and Regional teams to drive successful implementation of selected initiatives
- Co-lead, along with Sales Ops, coordination of GTM strategy/allocation with HPE
New Coverage Model
- Quickly learn about Aruba’s GTM approach across different geos / channels / products / verticals
- Develop approach and conduct on-going analytics on Sales productivity and coverage, helping optimize the existing GTM model (incremental)
- Lead effort to redesign our Sales Coverage Model (transformational)
- Partner with Sales Ops and Marketing to design strategy to support launch of new products and services (including conversion to subscription model)
- Partner with Sales Ops on an as-needed basis to review, design, and syndicate potential changes to sales comp plans
- Ensure close tie in with other key groups within Aruba, including: eStaff, Sales Ops, Sales Leadership, Finance, Marketing, etc.
- Drive conversations around the Change Management required to execute proposed plans
- Help design and build Sales Strategy & Planning team
Education and Experience Required:
Significant experience in Sales Strategy & Planning required, with strong academic credentials (MBA preferred). Experience in top consulting firms strongly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to “roll up the sleeves” and “get things done” (this is a working leader position, as all other Aruba leadership positions)
- Distinctive soft skills – critical to build strong relationships with key players already in the business
- Ability to navigate complex organizations (elements of Strategy & Planning currently being done at the regions – opportunity to review and propose changes to existing model)
- Leadership of complex projects/transformation initiatives with multiple workstreams
- Thought leadership both in own area of expertise and in extended Business Operations group
- Ability to disaggregate and structure complex problems
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Quick learner
- Strong sense of ownership/accountability
- Strong communicator and influencer
- Mentoring and coaching
- Santa Clara, CA.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.